Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

2001 ML320, need to replace the head unit??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
2001 ML320, need to replace the head unit??

Hi guys, we have a ML320 that has a head unit that only has a cassette player, is it possible to add a CD changer to it? if so what brand/model? I looked into it a while back and found that it's a dealer only CD changer or there were just one or 2 brands/models that worked with the stock head unit...not sure if there are more that are compatible with it now...

or am i better of just looking at replacing the entire double din unit with something else?
thanks
Shalil

Old 12-13-2007, 01:27 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I used to have a 1999 ML320 and I've retained the OEM headunit for a certain period with a Sony 10 disc cd changer, as the CD changer will work on a certain FM station ie 88.5 and is very clear.

I think a certain FM modulator is used after a couple of years of ownership I replaced the oem headunit with a more sophisticated Kenwood screen and the Sony changer still fits.

If I were you I would get the oem changer, I regret not getting one as one modification leads to another. Its just the mod bug getting on to you!

I hope I've helped you with the cd changer decision and if you need anything dont hestiate to ask.

Old 12-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Sharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud ofSharp has much to be proud of
well i just did a quick search on ebay and there seem to be lots of the stock ones up for sale, my prob now is determining which one i need since there seems to me a fiber optic version and an analog version... any ideas on how to check?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:23 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I think you should get the analog version, check with benzworld.org thats a great forum to start with.