Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

CL65 mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Question CL65 mods?

Just picked up a used 05' CL65 does anyone who makes the best ECU option Renntech or Kleeman? and where can I get this installed in cali?

Old 04-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jmoney
Just picked up a used 05' CL65 does anyone who makes the best ECU option Renntech or Kleeman? and where can I get this installed in cali?
i would go kleemann, u can install it yourself its not very complicated. Might want to see if one of the sponsors is a Kleemann dealer in Cali? I know a fair bit about the bi-turbo platform so feel free to ask questions.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:14 PM
TMC CL65 is a jewel in the roughTMC CL65 is a jewel in the roughTMC CL65 is a jewel in the rough
I thought you had to pull the ECU out and send it away for thesurface mounted chip. I think Kleeman charges $6,400.

Tom

Old 04-17-2008, 11:10 AM
AzExoticLover is infamous around these partsAzExoticLover is infamous around these parts
Renntech

Old 04-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
I would go with Powerchip. Renntech and Kleemann also make changes to TCU, which has shown to cause transmission failure. Powerchip does not mess with TCU and their tune is more conservative. Their tune also cost $2,500, unlike Renntech's or Kleemann's $6,500 which is an absolutely rip-off for an ecu tune. So to sum up, the advantages of powerchip are:

- More conservative tune.
- Does not mess with TCU
- $4,000 cheaper. Use that money to buy some nice forged wheels.

More info here:
http://www.powerchipgroup.com/intera...sp?pid=Mer0248

Old 04-17-2008, 05:07 PM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Renntech and Kleemann no longer make changes to the TCU, because MB released an updated software for it. Yeah, Powerchip is a good bang for the buck, but I prefer to entrust my tuning to people who have an expertise with that car.

Kleemanns prices are better than Renntech, but Kleemann also runs a rich tune, and doesnt get the same power levels. Powerchip is close to you in Cali, Kleemann is in Colorado, and Renntech is in Florida. Really depends on a brand preference, price you are willing to spend, and the power levels you want.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:26 AM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
Go with Renntech

Old 04-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey Jmoney do what you want but I will tell you to contact ASR Engineering and speak to Abid. Personally if you do not do this you will end up losing in whatever set up you go with.
I am dead serious about this subject.
Call ASR (Abid at ASR) at (954)258-0009.
I am telling you the absolute truth, do not make a decisicion without talking to ASR.

These are my personal opinions with ASR. Do what you want. Free country to "F" up.

Cheers, GT3Ranger

Old 04-20-2008, 12:05 AM
SGC
SGC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jmoney

I have had good luck with Renntech.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-15116.html

Last edited by SGC; 04-20-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:26 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I would go for Kleemann, we had a R230 SL600 done by them and its very fast

Kleemann ecu upgrade + 127hp and 222 lb of torque without considering the eisenmann exhaust, drop in filters.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:31 AM
Banned
///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts
...I would go with EvoTech

"Evotech is a German company run by a guy named Oliver.

Oliver was the person who was supplying Renntech with their tuning and alot of their parts.

I believe Evotech is now marketing their parts in North America directly rather than going through Renntech."

Old 04-20-2008, 10:57 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ///M TECHNIK

Oliver was the person who was supplying Renntech with their tuning and alot of their parts.

I believe Evotech is now marketing their parts in North America directly rather than going through Renntech."

100% correct, basically I'd stick to whats closer to you in regards of checking's and any future concerns.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ///M TECHNIK

I would stay away from Evotech, there is a lot of controversy surrounding it on mbworld. Apparently they are going out of business or are out of business already due to some cars they messed up.

See this thread:
http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234444

Old 04-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Banned
///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tuskir
I would stay away from Evotech, there is a lot of controversy surrounding it on mbworld. Apparently they are going out of business or are out of business already due to some cars they messed up.

See this thread:
wow...interesting...

You cant go wrong woth Brabus or Kleeman...

Old 04-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Tuskir

See this thread:

The dealers is out of business from what I've heard.