Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

CLK DTM in the states?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:34 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AmGblack
Good for him.

What you probably also didn't realize, again because you spoke so hastily, is that Mike S is in South Africa. I would find it more than believable that his statement is nothing other than factual. As ajs887 said Mike is a well respected member here. If you don't have anything constructive to say don't bother. If you want to back up your statements please do so. Until then refrain from ignorant responses.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:09 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
They are not worth a damn thing. Go buy a Black Series instead. It is basically the same car anyways.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:25 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silversurfer
They are not worth a damn thing. Go buy a Black Series instead. It is basically the same car anyways.

Ben,

I don't think Mike was lashing out against the DTM merely stating he didn't feel it was worth three quarters of a mil. The DTM is a hell of a car and quite the beast compared to a black series. My father owns a BS and I've got plenty of track time in it and I've had the privilege of riding in a DTM on the track. The DTM is like the Black Series in one way they look remotely similar. After that the insanity meter on the DTM is off the charts.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:36 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
I was not responding to Mike. But in regards to what he thinks a DTM is worth...it is worth whatever someone wants to pay for it. It might be .75 today or $750k in ten years. It is a useless point to argue when you are talking about cars as rare as a DTM.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I agree totally. In my eyes the DTM is priceless would I get the cab ..... no. But for a coupe i'd pay just about as much as I could afford.