Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Picking up new cars tomorrow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 03:41 PM
LamboRick is infamous around these parts
Congrats! The new SL body has really grown on me.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:32 AM
seanlee768 is infamous around these parts
all the 2008 sl dealer are getting 15000 back from benz. so be sure that your dealer and saleman get that for you. what they should be doing is give you the car price as close to invoice as possible then deduct 15k from that amount. no matter what edition or .... i am not sure if the dealer you work with willing to do that for you. before i pick up the Bs they offered me a sl55 or any sl for almost 20k off.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:18 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
Huh?

Originally Posted by thomascrown
Well, the day didn't end up going exactly as planned.

I did pick up an Audi A8L that I *LOVE*. I think I'm going to hit Cadillac, Infiniti and BMW on Tuesday to look at the Escalade Platinum, QX56 and the 650 vert.

I really love the S- Class, but I hate being made to jump through hoops by dealerships. I'm going to call a leasing company on Tuesday as well and see what they can do for me. If they don't require DNA samples for a car I could buy cash if I wanted to, I'll prolly just get the S as well.

The Audi is amazing, I love it.
Thomas Crowne, what do you mean "jump through hoops"? I can walk into any U.S. MB dealer, and in about 30 minutes I will have leased or purchased a garden variety S Class.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Congrats on the cars! But honestly, you should reconsider new SL550 and get a 1-year old SL65 AMG instead for same money. Unless of course you don't care about performance or losing on new-car depreciation too much...

Old 05-30-2008, 10:44 AM
thomascrown is infamous around these parts
I opted against both Benzs for now actually. I love the S550, but I really want an S63 and I decided I didn't want to settle. So I scooped an A8L in the mean time til the S63 gets in.

I also scrapped the escalade and got the QX. I felt like I was trying to talk myself in to the Escalade when it was less comfortable, less gadgets, and more expensive. The whole more money for less thing trumped the pimp factor of the Escalade. Maybe if they get with the program next year, I'll have a trade.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:51 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
how about an x6?

Old 06-01-2008, 04:33 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slavik
how about an x6?
......ur, this one?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pontiac aztec.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	70874  
Old 06-01-2008, 05:57 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
cmon now...its better looking then that...

Old 06-01-2008, 06:15 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slavik
cmon now...its better looking then that...
you're right, the BMW has nicer wheels........

Old 06-01-2008, 07:43 PM
^ you really dont like the looks of it...

Old 06-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Sorry but no. I think its hideous looking, the ugliest BMW ever built (I am a huge BMW fan too) and certainly one of the ugliest vehicles currently being built. Just my opinion, to each his/her own though.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:06 PM
AmGblack is infamous around these parts
a8 better interior than s550 huh ?... LMFAOOOo 0oK w.e.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:32 PM
mannytt is infamous around these partsmannytt is infamous around these parts
post some pics when you get a chance

Old 06-04-2008, 11:19 PM
thomascrown is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mannytt
post some pics when you get a chance
I keep meaning to take some. I'll pull out the camera phone and snap a couple tomorrow.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:36 AM
BeastRides101 is infamous around these parts
super pimp, you're a baller.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picking up new cars tomorrow