Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Picking up new cars tomorrow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:14 PM
thomascrown is infamous around these parts
Picking up new cars tomorrow

I'm pulling the trigger! After weeks of searching around for the best replacements to all of my toys, I've decided on S550 for sedan, SL550 for roadster and 09 Cayenne Turbo S for SUV.

Sadly, I have to wait a few months for the Cayenne since the 09s aren't out yet, but I am scheduled to pick up the other two tomorrow. Here is the only problem!

The only SLs they have on the lot are some special edition silver one. What is this? Any info, pics, details? I couldn't find anything on the MBUSA site but my sales guy told me it is limited edition of 500 units.

Ideas?

Anyway, tomorrow I should be tooling around in the following:
Black on beige S550, AMG package, with all the goodies.
Silver on red SL550 limited edition.

I had my heart set on a black SL to match the S, but the limited edition seems cool!

Now I just have to wait for Porsche to get off their asses and release the Turbo S already!

Old 05-23-2008, 06:36 PM
I found stuff on the SL Silver Arrow edition. Looks pretty cool I guess. Not exactly sure why it is a special edition though or what is exclusive to it that wouldn't be on a silver/red SL with sport package.

[media]http://www.benzblogger.com/PhotoGalleries/SilverArrow.pdf[/media]

Old 05-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Jay Slay has a spectacular aura aboutJay Slay has a spectacular aura about
Is it the new body SL? That link you gave doesn't work for me.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah, it is the new body. It is just an SL550 with all the gadgets, some special trim stuff and a trim plate. It looks sexy, IMO.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=129817

this is a silver arrow SL63 ..it awsome looking

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by WheelB
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=129817

this is a silver arrow SL63 ..it awsome looking
Can you get me those ridiculous 21" AMG SL65 replica wheels I was asking about in another thread? Let me find the link to them.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:46 PM
These wheels:

Old 05-23-2008, 09:59 PM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the purchase!

Old 05-24-2008, 02:55 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Congrats! We wait pics.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:00 AM
///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about///M Lifestyle has a spectacular aura about
pick them up yet?

Old 05-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Well, the day didn't end up going exactly as planned.

I did pick up an Audi A8L that I *LOVE*. I think I'm going to hit Cadillac, Infiniti and BMW on Tuesday to look at the Escalade Platinum, QX56 and the 650 vert.

I really love the S- Class, but I hate being made to jump through hoops by dealerships. I'm going to call a leasing company on Tuesday as well and see what they can do for me. If they don't require DNA samples for a car I could buy cash if I wanted to, I'll prolly just get the S as well.

The Audi is amazing, I love it.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:21 PM
palmer8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thomascrown
Well, the day didn't end up going exactly as planned.

I did pick up an Audi A8L that I *LOVE*. I think I'm going to hit Cadillac, Infiniti and BMW on Tuesday to look at the Escalade Platinum, QX56 and the 650 vert.

I really love the S- Class, but I hate being made to jump through hoops by dealerships. I'm going to call a leasing company on Tuesday as well and see what they can do for me. If they don't require DNA samples for a car I could buy cash if I wanted to, I'll prolly just get the S as well.

The Audi is amazing, I love it.
You will not be upset with the A8. My father has an '06 A8L and is loving every bit of it. The design is sleek and handsome, the interior is best in class IMHO, and the engine is wonderful to push (especially in Sport mode or tiptronic).

Congrats on the addition! BTW- What colors, wood, and options did you go with?

Old 05-24-2008, 11:29 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Both S and A8 will tank in value so leasing makes more sense.

SL is due for a new model soon. I'd get 2009 Boxster S or that orange color edition if I were in the market.

As for SUV, only ones I'd consider at Cayenne and X5. You wanted a Turbo S so why would you go to a Caddy or Infiniti?

Seems like these are impulse buys that you probably should investigate more. Take the time to get what you want. GL with it.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by djantlive
Both S and A8 will tank in value so leasing makes more sense.

SL is due for a new model soon. I'd get 2009 Boxster S or that orange color edition if I were in the market.

As for SUV, only ones I'd consider at Cayenne and X5. You wanted a Turbo S so why would you go to a Caddy or Infiniti?

Seems like these are impulse buys that you probably should investigate more. Take the time to get what you want. GL with it.
I need a new SUV now. I'd love the Turbo S, but can't wait the 6+ months for them to arrive. When they do, the new SUV will probably migrate to work duty with the Cayenne as the fun car.

The Boxter is waaaaaaaay too small for me and I cannot stand the X5.

We'll see what the week brings!

Old 05-25-2008, 03:01 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Sorry they sould like a boring bunch (s550 sl550)except the Turbo S.
And they way these cars depreciate it's easier to just lease them nowdays.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picking up new cars tomorrow