Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Manhiem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
Manhiem

Who here is familier with Manhiem? I have a connection that can pick me up a Benzo from Manhiem but i'm not sure what kina cars go to Manhiem. He claims he can get clean cars but i'm not sure and wanted some imput. Do you guys think picking up a pre-owned MB from Manhiem is a good idea? Why do cars there go for so cheap and are they beat or regular cars? I really wana CLS and Manhiem has them going for 5-7k less than private party-dealers.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:37 AM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
Who here is familier with Manhiem? I have a connection that can pick me up a Benzo from Manhiem but i'm not sure what kina cars go to Manhiem. He claims he can get clean cars but i'm not sure and wanted some imput. Do you guys think picking up a pre-owned MB from Manhiem is a good idea? Why do cars there go for so cheap and are they beat or regular cars? I really wana CLS and Manhiem has them going for 5-7k less than private party-dealers.
I know some of the Mercedes-Benz from Manhiem are lease return from Mercedes-Benz Financial !

Old 06-05-2008, 11:35 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
and some are repos

Old 06-05-2008, 06:06 PM
ClickClickBoom has a spectacular aura aboutClickClickBoom has a spectacular aura about
What do you want to know? We have no descent restaurants in town, but we have lots of cars.

Don't be afraid of an auction car. Some may be repos, sign of the economy. Most especially 06's are coming off 27mo leases.

The auction is just a way for lease companies to move vehicles. Ask any car salesman about their dealership's in-house wholesaler. He's moving more vehicles than anybody and most never hit the lot. The quicker the dealer can move the car the quicker that money can be used to make money on the next.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClickClickBoom
What do you want to know? We have no descent restaurants in town, but we have lots of cars.

Don't be afraid of an auction car. Some may be repos, sign of the economy. Most especially 06's are coming off 27mo leases.

The auction is just a way for lease companies to move vehicles. Ask any car salesman about their dealership's in-house wholesaler. He's moving more vehicles than anybody and most never hit the lot. The quicker the dealer can move the car the quicker that money can be used to make money on the next.
I see many of them that state they are lease returns...are they normal lease return or the bottom of the crop? Thanks for the info guys...keep it coming

My only worry is i hear Manhiem cars are crap cars....everyone that i talk to says they are priced low becuase of so many problems to them.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think you have to worry too much of a car from Manheim. There are several reasons why cars end up in auction. Lease returns, or the market in a certain area is not suitable for certain types of cars. There are of course many more reasons, but they are a minority. The majority of used/specialty car dealerships buy their cars from manheim.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:11 PM
legacy305 is infamous around these parts
I buy cars from manheim auto auctions all the time, and one thing i can say is that the cars that come from there are clean. For any reason if they have any type of issues that weren't disclosed then the auction house will pay you to resolve the issue or you can bring the car back!

Old 06-07-2008, 10:00 PM
allenjdmb is infamous around these parts
No offense, but....

if you guys think that most of these auction cars are "clean", then you're going to be disappointed. Most of them might be "clean" in that they have clean titles, but the majority of the stuff in the lane at MB Credit is quite average. People have the illusion that these cars show up at the auction all pretty, clean, serviced and ready to ride home. Nothing is further from the truth. Most have curbed wheels, door dings, no mats, skimpy books, and lousy or mismatched tires. This is not to say that you can't occasionally find a nice one among a bunch. But you'll need to look at 200 of them to find a half dozen worth owning. And right now, the auction prices are so high for quality merchandise that it's hard to make economic sense. By the time that you buy them, pay the auction fees, transport them home, clean them, ding them, service them, and get them "all there", you have spend a good bit of time and money. There is no free lunch on a really nice car. Good ones are going to bring more, and the crappy ones are still too high. BTW, even at the good auctions, you'll need more than one day to get a close look at these cars. They barely slow down in the lane, and you'll have to make a 60 second decision about spending 40 or 50 grand. And when you hold your hand up, absent any hidden major defects, it is yours. Period. Not saying there has never been a nice car at the auction. They're just really hard to find, and not cheap. Been doing this a long time, lost tons of my own money learning. Careful.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:59 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
I bet many of us here that have bought preowned cars have actually bought cars that a car show bought at manheim. No big deal. No difference from any other used car. Some are perfect, some good, some average and some lemons

Old 06-08-2008, 10:48 AM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
Do your research, call about the cars in the auctin pre-sale or OVE. Get the background on them, carfax, etc before the auction starts, and you'll be fine. Hell, I bought 5 cars off of manheim last week alone

Old 06-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by mclaren55
Do your research, call about the cars in the auctin pre-sale or OVE. Get the background on them, carfax, etc before the auction starts, and you'll be fine. Hell, I bought 5 cars off of manheim last week alone

If you dont mind me asking, did you run them before hand?

Old 06-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Redline93 is infamous around these parts
Each and every Mercedes I grew up riding in and eventually driving came from Manheim (until now). I have been to their auctions a number of times, and I can say with conviction that you will get a good car as long as you know what you are looking for, and are willing to make a committment quickly (just like the gentleman said above). Most of the targeted cars we went after for the last 15 years were cars that were 2-3 years old and averaged somewhere around 10-12k miles each year.

My family has been very fortunate that we have had many, many reliable cars come from Manheim.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:31 AM
AlloutExotics is infamous around these parts
I purchased my SL55 from a local dealer who purchased the car from the West Palm Beach auction, which from my understanding is the same organization as Manheim. Regardless, the car had 13,000 miles and was perfect, it was actually one of the only SL55s i had seen without paintwork. The only complaint was that there were no service records.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Redline93 AlloutExotics thanks for the info....hearing this makes me a lil more confident. I will up-date you guys on the buy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.