Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

My masterpiece in development – TT Motorsports S600 V12 Bi-T

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Oxygen is infamous around these parts
Exclamation My masterpiece in development – TT Motorsports S600 V12 Bi-T

So as some of you already know, I purchased a 2005 Mercedes-Benz S600 V12 Biturbo from Sovereign Mercedes in Brooklyn, NY. I traded my 2003 S500 for on Friday. The car has every option except distronic. The car is beautiful and super fast stock, but my goal with this car is to make it one of the fastest, if not THE fastest S600 in the country.

Tuning Technology Motorsports in Farmingdale, New York is working on this project with me from start to finish and this car will be one of the shop's show cars when it's complete.

Lots of plans for this car but let's start with what she looked like when I bought her...

Stock exhaust was not really doing much for me except making whooshing sounds so it had to go ASAP...

So we replaced that with a Eisenmann Race Exhaust with 4x 90x70mm tips...

The exhaust turned out to be a little smaller than we thought, so Meisterschaft is currently designing and producing a 1-of-a-kind exhaust only for this specific car!

With the new S65/CL65/SL65 2-Piece 19" AMG rims the car was in need of some spacers for proper offset... as you can see from these BEFORE pictures:

So we installed Eibach Pro-Spacers 15mm/25mm:

Next we took a trip to PES (Performance Engine Software) in Ivyland, PA for a fully custom developed ECU flash... lot's of thanks to Tony and Jeremy for their time and effort and the multitude of re-flashes that we had to do until we were putting out the correct numbers.

After the final flash the car was pushing 14psi boost.

Last edited by Oxygen; 06-20-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Exclamation

Next we're off to FABSPEED Motorsports in Ambler, PA to see what kind of numbers we're putting down... It was great to meet everyone at Fabspeed and those guys had a beautiful state-of-the-art shop...

We were unable to determine the torque output because we could not get a reading from the car, so it's pointless to tell you guys any numbers right now but trust me they were very impressive so far!

The car is awaiting additional mods at the moment such as tints, tinted tails, painted side markers, CF Airboxes, Kleemann Airfilters and huge brakes. Once we do the air intake upgrades we will re-do the dyno runs and I will post some numbers.

Last edited by Oxygen; 06-20-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:31 PM
AudiRS is infamous around these parts
wow thats a great car with great mods! make sure you beef up the i/c system.. those rims are superb.. the exhaust doesnt look that great to be honest.
keep up the good work!

Old 06-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by AudiRS
the exhaust doesnt look that great to be honest.
That's why I said...

The exhaust turned out to be a little smaller than we thought, so Meisterschaft is currently designing and producing a 1-of-a-kind exhaust only for this specific car!

Old 06-20-2008, 12:51 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulations I look forward for the results as I love what you did to your 500.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Should be interesting!

Any ideas on what the fastest S600 is currently? What numbers are you hoping to shoot for on yours?

Old 06-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Sounds good

Old 06-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
Sounds good
How did you manage to hear it?

Old 06-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Blue_Monster is infamous around these parts
Very Nice work Chris. Im sure the performance difference between this car and your last car is downright ridiculous . Congrats again and Have fun

Old 06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck, are you saying after tune it was pushing 14lbs? Ill be more then happy to hand you the title of the fastest 600 in the country, but your gonna need more then 14lbs

Old 06-20-2008, 01:50 PM
alex@wheelexperts is infamous around these parts
sounds like an exciting project

Old 06-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Banned
tuningtech is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

A special thanks to:
John, President of Eisenhaus for his offer to build us a one of a kind Meisterschaft exhaust for the use on this project and Christine, my beautiful, awesome Eisenhaus rep.
Tony, President of PES Tuning for his incredible software talent and diligence to develop a perfect tune for the engine at this point of this tuning project.
Jeremy, the heart of Fabspeed for his time and effort on the dyno and putting up with me over his back every minute.
and last but not least:
Chris for trusting me with his new toy.

Thanks to all!

Old 06-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
You guys need to be pushing more then 14lbs, it makes 13.5-14 stock post intercooler.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:46 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DrivenAgain
Good luck, are you saying after tune it was pushing 14lbs? Ill be more then happy to hand you the title of the fastest 600 in the country, but your gonna need more then 14lbs
I heard that!!!

Old 06-21-2008, 09:14 AM
MitchellClassic is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DrivenAgain

Whoa! I've been impressed with your car, but it would be interesting to see this guy get close to yours.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My masterpiece in development – TT Motorsports S600 V12 Bi-T