Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

KLEEMANN SLK55 SUPERCHARGED PROJECT....Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
KLEEMANN SLK55 SUPERCHARGED PROJECT....Coming Soon

Mercedes Project
Shop:

The Car:

Project:

List of Mods

Kleemann Supercharger

Kleeman Headers

Kompressor Fuel Management

Kleemann Camshafts

Quiaffe LSD

To be hones this project started April of 2007 and my client wanted to take his 2007 E550 and get it upgraded by Kleemann with a supercharger, exhaust manifolds, LSD, etc. At the time all they had was the kompressor in stock and that the headers were still in production in Denmark because the car was so new and many new models were already out as well from Mercedes that December of 2007 rolled around and the headers still haven't made their way to the states yet. So my client told me he was in the market for a convertable and asked me what Kleemann had on the shelf for an SLK55. After a short call to Cory at Kleemann I called my client back and told him they had everything listed above on the shelf. So it was a done deal I returned everything for the E550 back to Kleemann and they shipped out the SLK55 parts and my client walked into the dealer and traded in his E550 and ordered an SLK55 with a due date for March arrival from Germany. Then the car arrived to the port in March wrecked because the ship went through some terrible seas. Finally two months later he found another one in Jersey and is now shipping it down here for the installation next week.

To be Continued.....

Old 07-17-2008, 11:06 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
look forward to this...

Old 07-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I've been looking forward to it for 15 months lol

Old 07-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Really interesting project! What power gain offer the kleemann supercharger?

Old 07-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned
///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts
cant wait ! that little car is gonna pull like a train!!!

is the kleeman s/c unit superior to the AMG komp/ s/c ?

Old 07-17-2008, 10:14 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Should be a rocket.

js

Old 07-17-2008, 11:45 PM
BlownSLK55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Should be a rocket.

js
It is. I've had mine for ~ 2 yrs - pretty sprite car.

Old 07-18-2008, 02:34 AM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
he should have just started out with an E55 and then get an SL55 (assuming there was no problem getting either one)

nonetheless... looking forward to this!

Old 07-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Nico
he should have just started out with an E55 and then get an SL55 (assuming there was no problem getting either one)

nonetheless... looking forward to this!
Many SLK55 buyers pass on SL55s becuse they are too heavy. SLs are bigger & heavier cars whereas the SLK55 is already equipped with the same running gear (plus a more responsive 7 Spd tranny over the old 5 Spd found in the SL55) & handles better (they also run 12.7 @ 111 mph so they are extremely close in acceleration numbers already....add a blower, etc & it becomes a mid 11 sec car). SLs are nice cars but they are also everywhere. There are only 1k SLK55s shipped to the US each year so its also nice to have a more exclusive model.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:23 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BlownSLK55
There are only 1k SLK55s shipped to the US each year so its also nice to have a more exclusive model.
Here's the numbers I got from MB (trying to locate 2007 #'s):
SLK 55 AMG
2005 832
2006 1297

js

Old 07-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
I was referring to the SL55 since it is a convertible (what the buyer wanted) and has a supercharger already. Money doesn't seem to be an issue for him though so adding one to the SLK should be a breeze.

SLK55s are very rare indeed. I still wish my sister didnt trade hers in for an E63 - it was a blast to drive!

Old 07-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Kills Bugs Fast
45otto is infamous around these parts
My wife drives a SLK 55 AMG, it is sick in its stock state. This is going to be way cool.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Nico
I was referring to the SL55 since it is a convertible (what the buyer wanted) and has a supercharger already. Money doesn't seem to be an issue for him though so adding one to the SLK should be a breeze.

SLK55s are very rare indeed. I still wish my sister didnt trade hers in for an E63 - it was a blast to drive!
Gotcha - thanks.

Joe Shark - interesting numbers you found. I thought I had read ~ 1k/yr to the US in 2005 but I did not have the '06 or later numbers. Thanks man!

Old 07-18-2008, 11:06 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
that thing would be nuts with the secret kit.

Old 07-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Supercharged SLK55

That's awesome! I have pretty much the same mods on my SLK55 AMG (made 435whp last time) and that thing is a rocket! I'm actually selling it for around $64,000 in case anyone is interested PM me... you'll save a ton of cash since it takes about $30G's to get it to this level of performance and style

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=116157

Last edited by Tuskir; 07-19-2008 at 11:58 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KLEEMANN SLK55 SUPERCHARGED PROJECT....Coming Soon