Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

'08 Brabus SL600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
'08 Brabus SL600

Taken at the British Motor Show. Picture from www.supercars.net.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
That's an 09. As for the car, meh it's ok. Nothing will beat the look of the black series. Most Brabus tuned SL's will be at or around $300k, at that price you are better off going for the SL65 Black series.

Brabus = overrated, they were fun before AMG cars were readily sold.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:46 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
that front bumper makes the car look kinda robot like. interesting...

i don't understand the hp war. it's not like the car will go faster with another 300 hp when the car is heavily endowed already. makes more sense to lighten the car with composite material and less luxury stuff.

Old 07-25-2008, 01:25 AM
ac_schnauzer is infamous around these parts
wtf? Are they trying to cater to those who drive in pitch dark mountains at night with all those fog lights?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:31 AM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
Its got that Audi LED look in the front bumper.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:39 AM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
man i really love brabus and how it adds some understated flavor while retaining the elegance of mb. it's generally understated, but not so much as like carlsson (except for their RS cars). recently, it seems brabus is more agressive, but i liked it a lot more before they started doing quad-fog on everything. the super boxy bumpers do give a fresh look to a lot of the newer models, however i'm not a fan of the led strip combined with the foglights (reminds me of A.R.T.-Tuning with it's dozen fogs). i think amg's treatment is the best aesthetically. i don't really see brabus as a whole line as a whole lot more improvement over amg's. it's a lot more exclusive than amg and i really do appreciate that. i love brabus's attention to detail. but imagine if amg were aftermarket and rare, and shared no official relationship with mercedes. i think i'd gawk over it a lot more. on the w216 CL, i haven't seen any tuner that makes it look any better than the CL65 AMG. same goes with the r230 (and r231 for that matter) sl. i think amg makes some of the best designs. i just wish the market weren't so saturated with "sport packages" on every car that's not an amg, as i think it dilutes the brand identity a bit. because it's so common amg looks a lot less special than it used to, but i can't deny their designs are probably my favorite. probably why i like brabus a bit is because it's something different.

brabus's pricing for motors is crazy. i'd rather go with some interior and exterior pieces, and have another company (like evosport? or vrp-tuning?) do the motor. i know a 7.3 is crazy on their sv12s, but i'm sure you can do a lot with the 5.5 liter v12 already. people seem to do mainly ecu tunes, and they're already netting huge amounts of power. how about swapping the turbos? cams? and i think downpipes would net some power on the v12 turbo cars. all for a lot less than brabus is charging. now there's some prestige to getting real brabus treatment in the motor, but it comes with a premium that i find almost unjustifiable unless you have a dozen other sportscars (loaded term?). i think for that kind of money, i'd hope for something real extreme in the motor, like that legendary brabus v12 extremo (top speed was tire-limited).

also, remember when brabus did a 6.1S in the C-class? a v8 c-class was unheard of, let alone 6.1 liters. now amg's done 6.2 v8 in a C-class. amazing. i'm waiting for AMG to do 7.3 in their v12 s/sl/cl hehe..

Old 07-25-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Brabus Turbo V12 C Class

Thought you might like to see these. Shot them at Brabus.

Originally Posted by KompressorKev
man i really love brabus and how it adds some understated flavor while retaining the elegance of mb. it's generally understated, but not so much as like carlsson (except for their RS cars). recently, it seems brabus is more agressive, but i liked it a lot more before they started doing quad-fog on everything. the super boxy bumpers do give a fresh look to a lot of the newer models, however i'm not a fan of the led strip combined with the foglights (reminds me of A.R.T.-Tuning with it's dozen fogs). i think amg's treatment is the best aesthetically. i don't really see brabus as a whole line as a whole lot more improvement over amg's. it's a lot more exclusive than amg and i really do appreciate that. i love brabus's attention to detail. but imagine if amg were aftermarket and rare, and shared no official relationship with mercedes. i think i'd gawk over it a lot more. on the w216 CL, i haven't seen any tuner that makes it look any better than the CL65 AMG. same goes with the r230 (and r231 for that matter) sl. i think amg makes some of the best designs. i just wish the market weren't so saturated with "sport packages" on every car that's not an amg, as i think it dilutes the brand identity a bit. because it's so common amg looks a lot less special than it used to, but i can't deny their designs are probably my favorite. probably why i like brabus a bit is because it's something different.

brabus's pricing for motors is crazy. i'd rather go with some interior and exterior pieces, and have another company (like evosport? or vrp-tuning?) do the motor. i know a 7.3 is crazy on their sv12s, but i'm sure you can do a lot with the 5.5 liter v12 already. people seem to do mainly ecu tunes, and they're already netting huge amounts of power. how about swapping the turbos? cams? and i think downpipes would net some power on the v12 turbo cars. all for a lot less than brabus is charging. now there's some prestige to getting real brabus treatment in the motor, but it comes with a premium that i find almost unjustifiable unless you have a dozen other sportscars (loaded term?). i think for that kind of money, i'd hope for something real extreme in the motor, like that legendary brabus v12 extremo (top speed was tire-limited).

also, remember when brabus did a 6.1S in the C-class? a v8 c-class was unheard of, let alone 6.1 liters. now amg's done 6.2 v8 in a C-class. amazing. i'm waiting for AMG to do 7.3 in their v12 s/sl/cl hehe..

Attached Images   
Old 07-25-2008, 05:57 AM
KompressorKev is infamous around these parts
thanks for the pics! is that the Bullitt? that's intense, 730hp in a c-class.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:39 AM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
pretty sick imo...aggressive and still classy

Old 07-25-2008, 11:01 PM
CarGuy56 is infamous around these parts
not feeling that front

Old 07-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
That's an 09. As for the car, meh it's ok. Nothing will beat the look of the black series. Most Brabus tuned SL's will be at or around $300k, at that price you are better off going for the SL65 Black series.

Brabus = overrated, they were fun before AMG cars were readily sold.
yup, just like alpina.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:22 AM
pattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the roughpattymcfatty76 is a jewel in the rough
i think the car looks pretty good but i also think there are too many fog lights