Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

R 350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
R 350

Toying w/ the idea of trading my Cayenne TT for a new R 350.

They are GIVING them away for 45K brand new!

I know they are considered to be a glorified minivan, but to be honest, all I use my CTT for is hauling my wife and 1 year old son around. Actually my wife usually drives it and she would be just fine in the Merc.

And we wou7ld definitely save on gas.

Opinions?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:30 AM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts
How many miles has your Cayenne? I think I would do it. I think it will be a 0$ trade.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
38 K on cayenne...but it has been babied hardly ever even spool the turbos.

The prob is all the stealership charges plus 6.25% to register a car here in Texas. I would probably be out 15K.

However I would have a new car and save about 1K per year on gas.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Banned
1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about
R350 is definately a great alternative for your situation; but on the contrary, I actually wanted to trade in my RRS for the Cayenne, possibly toward the end of the year, and maybe not a TT but just the n/a GTS.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:36 PM
I love my CTT....it is the most comfortable and luxurious car I have ever owned. I am just trying to save some money nowadays since my financial situation is not as prosperous as it used to be.

1JDM...what is the RRS? Is it the R500, or the AMG?

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 07-28-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Jitsu, I think he means Range Rover Sport.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Gotcha

Old 07-28-2008, 03:22 PM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts
What is with a ML320 CDI or a ML350? They go for the same money.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:24 PM
320 CDI is the diesel....not really a money saver at 4.80 a gallon.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:18 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Looks like the $6,000 dealer rebate ends this month. Mabye MB will extend. If not, might want to jump on it. Post pic's if you do.

js

Old 07-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i had an R500 for a couple of years. it was an awesome car. once you get over the minivan stigma, you will not be disappointed.

Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
320 CDI is the diesel....not really a money saver at 4.80 a gallon.
But a full tank will run 500 miles. If you trying to save gas money, try to test drive the 320, you will be surprise with 400lbs TQ.

I've my R500 for 6 months now, love the int. but hate the look when I first got it. But with some add on, it getting better!

Old 07-29-2008, 01:45 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Toying w/ the idea of trading my Cayenne TT for a new R 350.

They are GIVING them away for 45K brand new!

I know they are considered to be a glorified minivan, but to be honest, all I use my CTT for is hauling my wife and 1 year old son around. Actually my wife usually drives it and she would be just fine in the Merc.

And we wou7ld definitely save on gas.

Opinions?

If it saves you money do it.. you already have a monster gt2 anyways

I remember the R350 llast year was like $7000 below invoice..LOL

Old 07-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Thanks everyone,

Thought about it. The way the R's are set up (isolated bucket seats) they are really designed to carry multiple passengers. The R would be perfect if we had another child and if they were older.

Right now, we just have the one. He is a year old and my wife likes to sit next to him in the back of the CTT. If we have another, then I think that will be the time to get the R.

Is MB going to continue making them? I think they are in 09, but it seems that they might discontinue them after that.

Too bad they didn't sell because, IMO, they are really great alternatives to the standard minivan.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ray
But with some add on, it getting better!
What wheels are those?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R 350