Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Why so much to reflash on a C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor
brad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by OldGuy
I saw that Brad. now as I get more knowledgeable about the tunes for this car I saw yours and thought that was very reasonable.

Eaglebasketball-AMG is going to put the 6.2 liter motor in all there cars but maybe one 6.5 twin turbo.
the 6.2 is just de-tuned or fully tuned (ECU and the exhaust) depending on which car its going into. You cant have the 65k C63 having more HP than the top of the line 130K AMG version. Also there was talk of having to make the exhaust smaller on the C63 because of the small amount of space for pipes in the C63 engine bay. I dont buy it
I think it was all marketing to keep the line costs in place and having the more expensive models getting the most HP.
Yep, i heard that this is THE motor for at least the next decade. MB/AMG spent the farm developing this power plant. It will be further tuned and used in all vehicles and many configurations!

We are just doing now what AMG marketing guys hoped they could wait and do in a few years!

Thanks
Brad