Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Why so much to reflash on a C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:02 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Why so much to reflash on a C63

We all know you can reflash the TT or a GT3 for a thousand bucks or so.
But how come it costs 10k to get the 100 or so hp back from the detuned
6.2 liter motors it grew up with?
IS there a cheaper reflash for the AMG?

thanks

Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts

Send your ecu to me and I will flash it for merely $4k (and make 2k).

Try VRP Tuning (flashed my 55 for $1.5k) or Evosport, I think they're at $1.9k.

But you're not getting 100hp out of any tune on a NA MB engine. You'll need headers and intake, which would take you to around 10k.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:00 AM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Where the heck did you get 10k from? Most flashes are $2k or less.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:01 AM
Jay Slay has a spectacular aura aboutJay Slay has a spectacular aura about
I have an 09 C63...I am not sure where you are getting 10k from..Kleeman has an ecu upgrade for $1495 for 55hp...then you can get their headers-pulley-intake kits for like 4k for another 35-40hp..

VRP also makes a kit for around 5k that is suppose to give over 100hp and etc...

Old 09-03-2008, 09:40 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
He meant $10k because Renntech and Brabus have pricey upgrades, and cost about that much.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:40 AM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I just did a googl on renntech AMG and got the flash prices

Old 09-03-2008, 10:29 AM
MrBails is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by OldGuy
The Renntech price includes headers. Their flash by itself is $3.5K

Old 09-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by OldGuy
Renntech is usually the most expensive and even their ecu reflash is $3,495 (http://www.renntechmercedes.com/c.html). I would go with Powerchip, Evosport and VRP use their tune.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:44 PM
eaglesbasketbal is infamous around these parts
What makes the 6.2L in the C63 different from the 6.2L in the S63, for example?

Old 09-03-2008, 03:57 PM
MrBails is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eaglesbasketbal
What makes the 6.2L in the C63 different from the 6.2L in the S63, for example?
Software

Old 09-03-2008, 05:10 PM
I am not going to flash I was just curious.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by MrBails
Software
and exhaust.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Former Vendor
brad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of light
On this particular issue, here is our release on the C63:

---

So, many of you have seen what we have been doing to the CLK63 Black Series and keep asking "what about my 63?" - well the day is finally here, I can finally start to release more information.

Powerchip and evosport have been working on 63-series AMG cars for well over a year. In fact, I think that we may have been the first to start this process. So the question is often asked "why does it take so long to release new items or update us?" and the answer is simple - we do not release information until it is real and tangible and meets our and our customers expectations. Today is the first day in many to come!

Using our C63 development car, we were able to finalize the stage 1 ECU tune finally. Without further text, I submit to you all:

STOCK BASELINE C63 DYNO
HP: 452.67 (371.19 RWHP)
Torque: 445.18 (365.05 RWTQ)
*MBZ claims 450 HP & 443 TQ for a stock car so above numbers are in-line with that claim

TUNED C63 DYNO (ONLY SOFTWARE ON CA 91 PUMP GAS)
HP: 531.45 (435.79 RWHP)
Torque: 483.74 (396.67 RWTQ)

+79 HP & 38 FT-LBS GAIN!

The above run is with Smoothing set to ZERO. We never hide behind high smoothing numbers that do not tell the entire story. You will note that in 5th gear (1:1) there is some "knock" activity. That is due to the poor CA fuel and the lack of sufficient airflow to sustain the heat load.

The above is the same set of runs with smoothing set to 5 to smooth out the lines (although you will note without any smoothing the Powerchip tune is very smooth in 4th gear).

The best thing is that this tune is available NOW for your 63 and is only $1990 with a 14 day money satisfaction guarantee and 3 year warranty.

With 93 or 100 non-California octane fuel, you can expect even better numbers.

The next steps in development will be:
  • Stage 2 Software (expected to gain 8-12 whp more)
  • evosport upgraded Airboxes
  • evosport long tube headers with proper x-pipe
  • evosport Crank Pulley
  • and more.....
Please feel free to ping us with any questions or comments!

thanks
Brad

Old 10-03-2008, 09:42 PM
I saw that Brad. now as I get more knowledgeable about the tunes for this car I saw yours and thought that was very reasonable.

Eaglebasketball-AMG is going to put the 6.2 liter motor in all there cars but maybe one 6.5 twin turbo.
the 6.2 is just de-tuned or fully tuned (ECU and the exhaust) depending on which car its going into. You cant have the 65k C63 having more HP than the top of the line 130K AMG version. Also there was talk of having to make the exhaust smaller on the C63 because of the small amount of space for pipes in the C63 engine bay. I dont buy it
I think it was all marketing to keep the line costs in place and having the more expensive models getting the most HP.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Goliath27 is infamous around these parts
I need to get a 55. The power Gains for a flash for my simple 500 is NOT WORTH IT. even thou it is cheaper but 400 bucks for 18hp is stupid lol.

ALi

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why so much to reflash on a C63