Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

C63 KLeemann Headers Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks grave for posting up the dyno. How did you get it to post?

Old 09-12-2008, 09:17 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Open email > right click the picture and choose Save As > find the file and add .jpg to the file name if necessary (it didn't save the extension) - such as kleeman.jpg > go to www.imageshack.us > browse the file > click Host It > find the link at the bottom of the page (direct link to picture - may have to click on + Show Advanced Linking) > copy link > use Insert Image when making a post and stick in the direct link URL.

Sounds complicated but took about 30-60 sec.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:06 PM
evilb is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Yes the Kleemann dyno is correct. We didn't dyno before and after because A. we don't have a dyno. B. I don't think the customer would have let us anyway as the car had only 150 miles on it.
Wow, no dyno! Do you have a shop near you that you use to dyno cars? Hell, in Wilmington where I'm at we have an AWD dyno and 4 standard Dynojets within about 15 miles of each other... and I'm sure none of the shops here in town do 1/2 the amount of work you guys do.

I'd be reluctant to drop off a $65k car to put $10k in mods on it with no baseline and no after dyno! That customer is a unique breed!

Old 09-13-2008, 12:44 AM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by evilb
I'd be reluctant to drop off a $65k car to put $10k in mods on it with no baseline and no after dyno! That customer is a unique breed!
You're such a cynic!

I understand your thought process 100%!
I've dyno'd from mod to mod just to understand the benefit of each one.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:04 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
What I'm curious about, is that elsewhere I saw Kleeman is claiming 50-60 whp from the ECU and ~90 whp from the ECU+Headers. This dyno shows 89 bhp gain (~74 whp).

Old 09-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Open email > right click the picture and choose Save As > find the file and add .jpg to the file name if necessary (it didn't save the extension) - such as kleeman.jpg > go to www.imageshack.us > browse the file > click Host It > find the link at the bottom of the page (direct link to picture - may have to click on + Show Advanced Linking) > copy link > use Insert Image when making a post and stick in the direct link URL.

Sounds complicated but took about 30-60 sec.
That's exactly what i tried to do but when I right clicked it, it wouldn't give me that option to save as. Oh well thanks for you help glad you were able to post it up. Appreciate it much.!

Old 09-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by evilb
Wow, no dyno! Do you have a shop near you that you use to dyno cars? Hell, in Wilmington where I'm at we have an AWD dyno and 4 standard Dynojets within about 15 miles of each other... and I'm sure none of the shops here in town do 1/2 the amount of work you guys do.

I know there is a FRT/RWD dyno in town, we usually don't do it on unless the client requests it.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have a dyno here and I could see why our clients would like us to have one but to be honest we would need to hire someone for that one position otherwise we wouldn't be able to do the amount of installs that we do. Most of our clients usually want their car back pretty quickly or atleast when it's completed and ready to go.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Site Sponsor
Originally Posted by gravedgr
What I'm curious about, is that elsewhere I saw Kleeman is claiming 50-60 whp from the ECU and ~90 whp from the ECU+Headers. This dyno shows 89 bhp gain (~74 whp).

Make your sure what kind of information your getting, I can't back up anything that I haven't posted but the dyno posted on this thread is at the crank not at the wheels.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
Make your sure what kind of information your getting, I can't back up anything that I haven't posted but the dyno posted on this thread is at the crank not at the wheels.
I think the confusion is here: http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259037 . The email from Kleeman USA says "50-55 rear wheel HP" for the ECU, and then later says "gains of 90 HP" for header, downpipe, and cats. So they never actually say "90 rwhp", although its intimated given the rwhp quoted for the ECU upgrade.

To say mod A is 50-55 rwhp and mod A+B is 90 hp and really mean A+B is crank hp gains is fairly deceptive.