Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

FORGED DRIVE: 2008 MB C300 Sport 6 Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:58 AM
xxForgedxx is infamous around these partsxxForgedxx is infamous around these partsxxForgedxx is infamous around these partsxxForgedxx is infamous around these parts
FORGED DRIVE: 2008 MB C300 Sport 6 Speed

Year:2008
Make:Mercedes Benz
Model: C300 Sport 6 Speed
Price:$33,000

What did you think?

I appreciated the salesman pointing out and explaining facts and features that I had no idea about. I did not know that this car had a better turning radius than a Mini Cooper, or that "Hill Hold" exsisted. For those who didn't know, hill hold is a 3 second pause where the car will hold it self on a hill without using the clutch and brake so you can get going... neat. However he got pretty annoying when he started talking down to be or bashing other cars with untrue information because he was a closed minded, German only, trying to sell a car type of guy... he wouldn't shut up.

The car looked very nice but did not have XENONs which IMO are a must if I am going to buy a MB, BMW, Audi whatever. The price was not bad and the car drove pretty well. The transmission shifted nicely, tight not sloppy or too smooth like I would have expected. I was a fan of the interior and the overall look. The power was pretty decent but that may be because I have not driven a fast car in quite some time, it handled pretty well but the seats could use some more side support (but hey it's an entry level luxury sedan right).

I liked the car overall, the fact that it was new, looked very nice and did plenty of things well. However I think that what makes or breaks it are the small things like it not having HID's. Sure it is pretty cheap but come on, you couldn't throw that in? Blahhh.

Overall I do not think that I could let go of the used car market for one of these. $33,000-$36,000 to me should have more power even if the handling and braking of this car stayed the same. I was glad to see however that all MB are not slush box comfort coaches. If you need something brand new, with a warranty and have not had seat time in cars such as Corvettes, S4's, M3's, EVOs and STis... or already have one? Then this is something that should be checked up. However I fear that if driven back to back to back with a 2009 A4 or 2009 E92 328i Sport package... it may not do so well. For me, it would be remembered as a pretty nice car but not something I would buy over a low mileage E46 M3 or something more performance oriented. But I must say, the C63 AMG must be one NASTY HUNK of holy crap! Thanks, I'm done.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:51 PM
GTEE83 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by xxForgedxx
The power was pretty decent but that may be because I have not driven a fast car in quite some time
LOL, I got one as a loaner this past Friday when I took my car in for it's A-service, and the first few minutes I was driving it, I kept checking to see if the parking brake was still engaged. IMO, I think that power-wise you would do better with the equivalent 3-series or the A4. I do think they hit the suspension tuning dead on, and I was pretty surprised that the handling felt as tight as it did and was still reasonably comfortable over broken pavement and speed bumps. The transmission was also good, unobtrusive, like a good automatic should be unless you have a manual mode available for you that you like to use every once in a while. I like the look of the car overall too.

+1 on the C63. That car with (basically) the same engine mine has and ~800 less pounds to carry around should be one fun ride!

Old 10-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned
lemansz20 is infamous around these parts
I like the new c class, still on the fence with the interior but w/e. My friend has a c63 and the car really is beautiful, and handles very very nicely. I was really amazed.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Banned
///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts
I was told MB couldn't build a manual trans. to save their life....

Old 11-02-2008, 06:57 AM
humveelat is infamous around these parts
New C class are really impressive. It is really beautiful to handle.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:47 AM
jojogoya88 is infamous around these parts
The new C class has come such a long way, its a great car.

As for the ******* salesmen, its not just him, their's so many stupid salesmen out there. I was at Audi yesterday looking at an R8, the guy comes over to me tells me his name without shaking my hand or asking if i need help. THEN, he has the nerve saying "this car has the Lamborghini Gallardo engine in it". i was like are you serious, taking me as a fool? Their's not many good salesmen out there. That's what a lot of them do, they bull**** their way convincing people that don't know anything about cars by lying to them and such.