Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Axle snapping torque!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 11:16 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Axle snapping torque!!!

3 so far this year. And all with launches under 2k rpm

http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...urrent=083.flv

Old 01-02-2009, 11:18 AM
tnb1786 is infamous around these parts
damn again dude!!! lol
wat did serge say about the sleeved block?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tnb1786
damn again dude!!! lol
wat did serge say about the sleeved block?
The vid is from last month but yea again.

At this point I am less concerned with making more power and more concerned about not breaking parts. I didn't talk to him about it. Changing axles at the track = no fun!

Old 01-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Just In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to behold
car looks beautiful! what kinda power are you putting down?

Old 01-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Just In Time
car looks beautiful! what kinda power are you putting down?
Thank you very much! To be honest I'm not sure exactly what kind of power its putting down. I can tell you that if it doesn't break it will go tens on pump. Best so far is 11.091 @ 124.57mph on bald 18" BFG drag radials so I couldn't launch too hard. That being said it was still a 1.62 60' Thats pump gas, full interior, and no nitrous (car has nitrous but I didn't spray). The car has run 1.55 60' times with the 16" CCW's and MT ET Street Radials with only a 1500rpm launch. Axles snap like twigs at anything higher

Last edited by blackbenzz; 01-02-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:39 PM
BRABUS_E500 is infamous around these parts
"OH SH*T." hahah nice

CLK that looks good and is fast as f**k .. nice car bro!

Old 01-02-2009, 01:54 PM
mburns813 is infamous around these partsmburns813 is infamous around these parts
Car looks great that's too bad about the axle problem though.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:10 PM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
Well, if you are not breaking parts. You are not making enough HP! Those slicks are killing your alxes. If they sell high performance axle then you will start breaking trans. It never ends!

Old 01-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by BRABUS_E500
"OH SH*T." hahah nice

CLK that looks good and is fast as f**k .. nice car bro!
hehe thanks.
Originally Posted by mburns813
Car looks great that's too bad about the axle problem though.
Thank you, yea it sucks. Trying to get custom ones built.
Originally Posted by MotorsportsR
Well, if you are not breaking parts. You are not making enough HP! Those slicks are killing your alxes. If they sell high performance axle then you will start breaking trans. It never ends!
Exactly. They are drag radials. They dont sell high performance axles, so im trying to get some made. Also, the trans is already fully built with a modified torque converter and it has a quaife LSD in it I'm scared to find out what I break next! I'm starting to think its better to break axles than something else... i.e. driveshaft, gears in the diff, etc etc

Old 01-05-2009, 03:42 PM
tnb1786 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Exactly. They are drag radials. They dont sell high performance axles, so im trying to get some made. Also, the trans is already fully built with a modified torque converter and it has a quaife LSD in it I'm scared to find out what I break next! I'm starting to think its better to break axles than something else... i.e. driveshaft, gears in the diff, etc etc
agreed

Old 01-08-2009, 02:42 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Wow! Car sounds like it has some serious juice under the hood!

What are the mods to the engine?

Old 01-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by AWD
Wow! Car sounds like it has some serious juice under the hood!

What are the mods to the engine?
Thanks

Mods to the engine are Klemann twinscrew supercharger (autorotor), Kleemann headers, VRP cams (custom grind Schrick), custom dyno tune, and custom intake are the basics. And a little bit of spray that I rarely use. Car also has built trans and torque converter, Quaife LSD, custom heat exchanger, phenolic spacers, etc etc

Old 01-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Banned
M3-ADDICT is infamous around these partsM3-ADDICT is infamous around these parts
Lol,,,,,

Old 01-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT
Lol,,,,,
Thanks for the negative rep for no reason. Unfortunately for you, since you have a negative rep yourself it doesn't effect my rep points. Please stay out of my threads, thanks. We will run into each other sooner or later

Old 01-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
What a waste of a Mercedes

j/k Ahmad the car sounds like a beast. I wish I could record sound when I take pictures of your car haha.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Axle snapping torque!!!