Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

My Renntech/Brabus/HRE SL55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:43 PM
melmark is infamous around these parts
My Renntech/Brabus/HRE SL55

I keep waiting for a chance to take better pics, but I'll start with these. Bought the car as is (only 10k miles and showroom) with stage V Renntech mods good for 603hp/626 lb-ft, Brabus exhaust, body, and interior mods, and black HRE wheels with P-Zero's. Holy s#*@ is this thing fast!.

My previous car was an NSX, so the handling is of course nowhere close, but that POWER and the vert are well worth the tradeoff.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
very nice...enjoy in good health and let the mods begin

Old 01-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
Nice
The easy power mods make me jealous of the 55K engine

Old 01-31-2009, 08:54 PM
a_Y
a_Y has a spectacular aura abouta_Y has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Fantasma
Nice
The easy power mods make me jealous of the 55K engine
fantasma,

why dont you try with the evosport long tube header mods? i am patiently waiting for right hand drive versions... you are lucky that you have a left hand drive car and their headers fit your car right away!

i am looking desperately for power increase mods for the 63 as well...

Old 01-31-2009, 08:56 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Very nice, congrats!

Old 01-31-2009, 08:59 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by a_Y
fantasma,

why dont you try with the evosport long tube header mods? i am patiently waiting for right hand drive versions... you are lucky that you have a left hand drive car and their headers fit your car right away!

i am looking desperately for power increase mods for the 63 as well...
I'm sending my car off to Kleemann for the headers and ECU. You should wait a few weeks and see what comes out of my car with the mods. Get used to your car first before modding it (except for your resonator removal ). I have about 5K miles on mine right now, put some more miles on yours when you are back in HK and enjoy it stock for now (except for resonator removal ).

With shipping times and Kleemann's own development time, it'll probably be done in 2 months from now'ish.
Email Cory @ Kleemann and ask him if he can develop you right-hand drive headers while my car is there... ( cory -at- kleemannusa.com )

Old 01-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Banned
///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts///M TECHNIK is infamous around these parts
perfect!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 06:37 AM
a_Y
I'm sending my car off to Kleemann for the headers and ECU. You should wait a few weeks and see what comes out of my car with the mods. Get used to your car first before modding it (except for your resonator removal ). I have about 5K miles on mine right now, put some more miles on yours when you are back in HK and enjoy it stock for now (except for resonator removal ).

With shipping times and Kleemann's own development time, it'll probably be done in 2 months from now'ish.
Email Cory @ Kleemann and ask him if he can develop you right-hand drive headers while my car is there... ( cory -at- kleemannusa.com )
you really took that chance! congratz!

do you know if they are only developing headers? or will there be an exhaust upgrade as well? i'll email him and ask about right hand drive stuff! good luck man!

Old 02-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Benzoboi is infamous around these partsBenzoboi is infamous around these parts
Very nice ride! Congrats and enjoy in good health!

Old 02-01-2009, 02:35 PM
1qikctr is infamous around these parts
Sweet wheels.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:47 PM
M3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud of
class !! congrats

Old 02-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by a_Y
you really took that chance! congratz!

do you know if they are only developing headers? or will there be an exhaust upgrade as well? i'll email him and ask about right hand drive stuff! good luck man!
I don't know unfortunately, but ask him ... since they have the car I don't see why they wouldn't make a full exhaust kit as well. Let me know what he says about the full exhaust!

Old 02-02-2009, 01:19 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Looks very nice - good mods.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:06 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Nice 55! I remember spinning the tires in 2nd gear on my first test drive. It's the only car I've ever owned in which I didn't have to change the exhaust! Overall, this car will eat most cars on the road including my supercharged NSX.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:04 PM
a_Y
I don't know unfortunately, but ask him ... since they have the car I don't see why they wouldn't make a full exhaust kit as well. Let me know what he says about the full exhaust!
i think i found my solution... i will be trying out the carlsson ck63 rs kit with 600hp... but this wont be until i get back to hk.. so not too soon just yet... probably a couple months down the road..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Renntech/Brabus/HRE SL55