Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Need Help Choosing a finish for wheels!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Need Help Choosing a finish for wheels!!!!!!!!

Hey guys,
I have a local customer here. We have decided to roll with a set of Breden CO1's from Breden Forged. This is usually my specialty but this car has me completely stumped and I can't think of a good combo to go with. Below is a picture of the car and what the customer

DOES NOT WANT.

- No Chrome Anywhere
- No black on outer or center (open to black inners)
-No Brushed anywhere unless we can get it to work with dark colors like silver, grey, charcoal etc.

PLEASE POST PICS OF YOUR CAR WITH WHEELS ON IT THAT HAVE A SIMILAR COLOR TO THIS ONE.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Banned
Justin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really nice
It sounds like you have a very particular customer. I hope you can satisfy his preferences. You might just be better off keeping it close to the stock color combination. Brushed silver face and lip with charcoal windows. Good luck!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Old 03-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Site Sponsor

Old 03-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Site Sponsor
I think we have narrowed down to the above set up, or do a color matched center but with a Flat clear coat and a gloss silver lip.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Banned
Justin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really niceJustin @ CEC is just really nice
Is the outer portion of the lip a different color than the inner portion? Or is that just the lighting playing tricks on me? I think that will be a good direction. It's simple and effective. People are trying too hard to add as much to the wheels as possible. Gets too busy.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Site Sponsor
on this car the inner barrel is raw. no paint. We are going to the inner barrels color matched gloss. color matched centers FLAT, silver gloss that matches the calipers. i try to keep the colors flowing or keep a univeral them. I am a big fan if light colors over dark or dark colors over light and using gloss and flat colors to give some contrast. Check back in a few weeks when we get the wheels in. Its going to a smooth operator!!!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Banned
I agree. I can't wait to see the finished product. Do your thing!