Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Should I really buy a 09 C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:36 PM
blownS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AJag
...but definitely take a look at lightly used 08s and 09s.
"lightly used" & c63 do not belong in the same sentence.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:22 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blownS
"lightly used" & c63 do not belong in the same sentence.
Agreed completely. I bought my C63 because I will likely drive it into the ground. It's my DD, hauls my family around, and with my mods (ECU and headers), is nearly as fast as a TT in a straight line.

So knowing I'm the sole driver was worth the premium.

If, however, I was not going to drive it into the ground, I'd go through the hassle of buying used, which would likely require a national search, remotely coordinating independent mechanics to inspect it, and then flying to pick it up (or have it flat-bedded).

Either way it's a C63, and an awesome car.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:16 PM
chinaleeexports is infamous around these partschinaleeexports is infamous around these parts
Loved my moded 02 TT, I should have driven it more, love my C63, I need to drive it more than the1,200 miles in 3 months that I have put on it. Terrible gas mileage but then it's not a Prius (had that too). Either way they are both fun (not the Prius)but the C63 is easier to put stuff in. Both are winners! Have fun.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:38 PM
TripleInboard is infamous around these parts
If feel like you may keep the car forever might as well just get a new one at invoice. If not I'd pick up a used one. I will agree with the above sentiments. The first time you hammer it in the C63, after break-in , you will be laughing at how ridiculous of a car it is. Incredibly fun to drive.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Drove BMW's basically my whole life. IN the past 6 years I have owned the E46 330ci, E90 330i, 2004 X5 4.8, and my father has owned the 645cic, and the 750li. BMW's are fantastic cars and pretty darn reliable. Every car is going to have its necessary quirks but I have been absolutely satisfied with the BMw experience.

I drove the M3 manual and dct, M5 manual and smg, the C63and the E63. The new M3 is a great sophisticated car but it really does nothing for me. The jump from the E36 to the E46 M3 was huge in my opinion but the jump from the E46 to the E90 M3 has not been that great of a step. Nonetheless, an awesome car but it kind of felt powerless. The E46 M3 felt like it had more heart to me and that is what I believe BMW is known for.

The C63 is a different animal completely different from the other AMG's ever produced. The ride is not that soft mushy MBZ typcial ride, but its rather geared toward a more aggressive, sporty feel. It still isn't as balanced as the M3, and it doesn't offer a manual tranny but I could imagine how it would be a great daily commuter because of its smooth automatic tranny and power all across the band. If I were to choose a commuter it would be the C63 hands down. If it was a weekend car, I think I would enjoy the M3 much more.

I love both lines of cars from the AMG and M line, but each individual car has its strengths and weaknesses for the everyday driver or even the weekend driver. The car has to match the lifestyle you live and everyone these days makes a great car. Even Hyundai. The questions is, does the car fit your lifestyle?

Old 04-09-2009, 12:08 PM
beckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the rough
Hey Fkim,

Yeah, I was in the exact situation where E92 M3 just doesn't do anything to me anymore. I definitely like it and think it's a great car. Indeed, if I never own E36 and E46 M3, I would definitely jump on the E92. But exactly like you said, going from E36 > E46 was a huge jump. I still remember my time flooring my E46...I was like

Anyway, I ended up deciding to get a 996TT...but working hard to convince my wife trading in her 330i for a C63. My guess is that 2010 C63 will get dual clutch transmission though, taking hints from the new E63.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I stil lthink if you can get invoice for the C63, it is a hell of a bargain. I mean if you wanted an equal fully equipped M with DCT, you are looking at the 72 price range and I don't think BMw is being nearly aggressive for your trade in and car price.

Ask me how I know, I just did my deal last weekend. I was looking at the M3 DCT and manual, M5 SMG, C63, and E63. I have bought all my BMW's from the fleet manager from Irvine BMW, and I imagine he was aggressive but not as aggressive as buying my first MBZ. I went to 2 different dealership and they both were more aggressive then any BMW dealership I got a quote from for trade in and car price.

I ended up picking up an 08 E63 with PE package, panorama roof, ipod connection, automatic trunk closer and CPO'd for a 8 month car with less then 10k for a hell of a deal IMO.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:16 PM
beckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the rough
There is a 08 M3 DCT fully loaded coupe for $61k with 300 miles. The local BMW dealers are very aggressive about 08 which is understandable. For 09, they just keep saying about the low APR.

So yes, it's no problem at all to get the C63 for invoice, if not under. Just a reference for whoever in the market for one right now.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:46 AM
DJH
DJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really nice
I think it sounds like you are already sold on the C63 so I say go for it. I'm sure its a great car! I used to own a CL55 and that was a torque monster but wasn't very "sporty". I think the C63 would be a great balance between them.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Boo
Boo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I thought I wanted a CLS55/63 and test drove both (used) then jumped in an E60 M5 and I have to tell you the AMG is nowhere near the drivers car as ANY M series from BMW. I understand the "want" to try something different than an M but if you like a "driver's car" you will not get that in an AMG save for the Black Series CLK63.

If you like raw low end power and not necessarily that obvious connection with the road that you get in an M, then the AMG is worth pursuing. I would not just jump in something for the sake of owning something different. An AMG and M series BMW are not even close to being the same type of driving experience.
Not trying to single you out, but you can't compare your experience with the CLS55/63 to the C63. If you ever have a chance to test drive the C63 I can pretty much gaurantee you won't be making the same comments if you have an open mind. I also have an E55, which handles very much like the CLS and I agree 100% it is not the driver's car the M5 or M3 is, and certainly not the driver's car the C63 is. The front end of the C63 shares many of the suspension components from the CLK63 BS with the exception of the coilovers. The steering is light, turn in quick and responsive, and hugs corners great unlike the CLS/E. I just upgraded the suspension to the KW V3s (same as the CLK Black uses so I'm told), and if anyone had any reservations concerning the C63's handling, this WILL solve them. The car is very connected to the road, feels glued to it (before and after coilovers, but even more so now), whereas the E55 has noticeable body roll and heavier steering.

There are a lot of M guys who have made the switch to the C63 because of this new direction by AMG. Who knows what the new E AMG will be like, but I suspect they will try to do the same with it especially since the new coupe will be based on the E. It wouldn't surprise me though if the bigger benzes like the CL, S, SL, etc. still mainted the traditional ride everyone is so used to.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:10 PM
huy
huy is infamous around these parts
the C63 is awesome... sure its not a BMW M3 in the handling department, but its no slouch. what it is is stupid fun! lol. just that exhaust note is enough to make you want one. beauty is, the maintenance isn't anything special. i've just had bad experiences with local dealerships, so I've sworn off MB's...

Old 04-10-2009, 02:42 PM
All I can say is, go test drive a C63. If anyone still came out unimpressed, oh well, right?

I did walk in the local MB dealership with the impression of AMG cars are no "driver's cars"...and I came out very impressed, and I'm a Bimmer guy all the life. I am very happy about AMG's new direction, I always love to see options when I am a customer.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Banned
Immanuel has a spectacular aura aboutImmanuel has a spectacular aura aboutImmanuel has a spectacular aura about
It sound crazy to me how people are comparing 4door sedans ton 2door coupes. Its like comparing a 335I to a Viper Srt-10 in the handling dept.

I have driven almost all cars spoken about in this thread.

I will put it like this, I built a 1000hp street driven Supra almost 10 years ago now. It is not much that will impress me off the show room floor. Veyron is the only car i can think of impressing me right now.

Different classes of cars are what they are.............................
Just Different.

Just my $0.02

Last edited by Immanuel; 04-10-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: adding text
Old 04-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Sercan has a spectacular aura aboutSercan has a spectacular aura aboutSercan has a spectacular aura about
C63's are really nice, I personally like the M3's more.... Although I am very biased.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Yes, totally agree, we should all focus on comparing a 1000hp Supra with a Bugatti Veyron, because they both have 2 doors, both have 1000hp. Both cars are now in the same "class", and both will impress you off the showroom floor. Leave it like that people.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I really buy a 09 C63?