Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

SL65,SL55,E63 Racing on the Dyno's!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
SL65,SL55,E63 Racing on the Dyno's!!!

Hey AMG'S of 6speedonline! I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had some fun this Saturday. A couple of members came out to play: Shaker(C63), Qship5(C63), UT AMG(E63), BFNNRGN (SL65) and a 08 SL55.

We did some power pulls and played around with our 1/4 Simulate. I believe the E63 was the only one that was accurate. It seems we need to work out some kinks on our dyno systems.

COMING SOON:I plan on getting the C63's together to compare cars and tunes!

E63 VS SL55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjZaHrAlCrE

SL65 VS SL55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls2D0fsvArA&feature=channel

SL55 DYNO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-w32xZ6ZSQ&feature=channel

UT AMG 1/4 IS THIS CLOSE TO YOU GUYS AT THE STRIP?

SL65 Dyno #s, HOW DO THESE NUMBERS COMPARE?

NOTE: ALL DYNO'S ARE DIFFERENT.
NUMBERS CAN VARY DUE TO TEMPS & ELEVATION
MUSTAND DYNO'S CAN BE UP TO 15% LOWER COMPARED

08 SL55- 410/450ISH
06 SL65- 460/694 (OF THE TOP OF MY HEAD)

UT AMG
07 E63- WHAT DID YOU PUT DOWN?

I hope everyone was happy with the results. I was always told growing up that MD #'s will make you cry!

Let me know if I can help in any way! If you MB's want to tune your vehicles or race your friend on the dyno!!!
Just shoot me an email!

Thanks

Enjoy

Old 03-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
The Sl65 is amazing!

Old 03-24-2009, 10:19 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Cool shop too Adam, dueling dynos. You don't see that everyday.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:24 AM
mevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud of
I didn't know you were a board sponsor, Adam.

I'll have to swing by Autoscope with Nic and Turner the next time they go.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mevans
I didn't know you were a board sponsor, Adam.

I'll have to swing by Autoscope with Nic and Turner the next time they go.
Yep, I've been a sponsor for about 50 days now. I feel like we have met before! We just finished Turners race car, man that thing is sweet! Come by whenever you want!

-Adam

Old 03-31-2009, 02:56 PM
mevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud ofmevans has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Adam@Autoscope
Yep, I've been a sponsor for about 50 days now. I feel like we have met before! We just finished Turners race car, man that thing is sweet! Come by whenever you want!

-Adam
Oh, we have, on your birthday day at autoscope.

Your girlfriend brought Donuts.

Haven't seen the Jeep outside the store in a while, moved on to bigger and better things?

Old 03-31-2009, 08:48 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by mevans
Oh, we have, on your birthday day at autoscope.

Your girlfriend brought Donuts.

Haven't seen the Jeep outside the store in a while, moved on to bigger and better things?
Ahh, I know who you are! How have you been? How is the RX-8? Well, I sold the Dunkins and I sold the girlfriend!

Old 04-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Adam@Autoscope
Ahh, I know who you are! How have you been? How is the RX-8? Well, I sold the Dunkins and I sold the girlfriend!
Dailying a second 986 now.

SGP racing blew up the RX-8. I bought a new motor and had it put in, now having some airbag sensors they disabled/slashed fixed at the dealer then I'm selling it [along with all of the parts].

Nic's actually the beneficiary of the track wheels since his tires are harder than PVC, we're about to go throw them on his car.

Are you coming to the track day in May?