Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

21s on a CLS55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 AM
silversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura about
21s on a CLS55 AMG

Just got an 06 CLS55 AMG. Have seen others with 21s so I assume they will fit w/o any other mods. ??? is tires. Maybe any others could chime in who have this setup and let me know size tires you've used and any rubbing or clearance issues?

Old 04-24-2009, 12:23 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by silversrt
Just got an 06 CLS55 AMG. Have seen others with 21s so I assume they will fit w/o any other mods. ??? is tires. Maybe any others could chime in who have this setup and let me know size tires you've used and any rubbing or clearance issues?
Max u should really go on CLS is 20's....21's are used for show cars becuase of the degraded ride and handling..Believe me i checked it out before going with the 20's

Old 04-24-2009, 05:29 PM
silversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura aboutsilversrt has a spectacular aura about
ride

Is the ride really that degraded if roads where you live are great. Im out in the country with great paved roads. Not a rapper or anything...just got a good deal on a sweet set of HRE 21s and took the plunge. Hoping they fit OK and it doesnt kill the ride. Otherwise, Ill just resell em I guess. No potholes where Im at, just nice new pavement and Ill use it maybe 1-2 x a week to cruise to work maybe 30 miles.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:45 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Is the ride really that degraded if roads where you live are great. Im out in the country with great paved roads. Not a rapper or anything...just got a good deal on a sweet set of HRE 21s and took the plunge. Hoping they fit OK and it doesnt kill the ride. Otherwise, Ill just resell em I guess. No potholes where Im at, just nice new pavement and Ill use it maybe 1-2 x a week to cruise to work maybe 30 miles.

First of all is the offset made for cls/SL? If not they wont fit properly anyway..what are the wheel widths? offsets etc

Lou

Old 04-25-2009, 06:03 PM
ogs
ogs is infamous around these parts
not sure about the CLS but on our S we have 21" HREs and the ride is still pretty nice. Not as good as the stocks but the ride is still stick. Best of luck.

Old 04-26-2009, 10:20 AM
LSM
Originally Posted by ogs
not sure about the CLS but on our S we have 21" HREs and the ride is still pretty nice. Not as good as the stocks but the ride is still stick. Best of luck.

S is different offset and different car...Its more to do with the fitment, offset, etc for the specific car...I dont see anyone running 21's on CLS AMG cars and if they are on there always show cars

Lou

Old 04-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
I know 21's will fit. My ex-team mate who has shown his car with TWCompetition has 21's on his white CLS55. I am sure he is on mbworld.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
21" fits but offset is a big part of it !

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by WheelB
21" fits but offset is a big part of it !
I was going to put 28's on my denali and offsets weren't right . Opps