Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

570+HP C63 coming soon...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Boo
Boo is infamous around these parts
570+HP C63 coming soon...

Well after much anticipated wait on my part, I just received notice that my long tube headers will be ready to ship in the next 14 days. I am getting the headers and tune from MHP (modern horsepower) as he has shown 460whp with this setup during intial tests, and a bit more with a refined tune.

As far as I know this is the only company making long tube headers for the C63, all the others are improved manifolds or shorties from what I can tell. Anyhow, I know of at least 2 other people who are going with this setup, and hopefully we'll have some numbers to post (from the strip) in the near future!

The introductory batch of 10 or so LTs is being discounted...just an fyi for any other C63 owners who want in on the fun

Old 05-05-2009, 12:12 AM
GENTANI is infamous around these parts
Do you need the tune to run the headers because of CELs or can one just run headers only?

Old 05-05-2009, 08:35 AM
ragazzi_07 is infamous around these parts
whoa

Old 05-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Boo
Originally Posted by GENTANI
Do you need the tune to run the headers because of CELs or can one just run headers only?
That's a good question. I remember he said the headers alone are worth roughly 30hp, and don't quote me but I don't think this setup will cause any CELs. I will check with him to be sure though. I know this setup removes the secondary cats, and you have the option to run without the primaries as well, but I chose to replace the primary cats with high flow ones to stay somewhat emissions legal.

Obviously though to get the most out of this setup a tune to go along with the headers will yield the most hp, especially with the detuned C63.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
domesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to beholddomesticdemon is a splendid one to behold
Subscribed. I can't wait to see the end results. HFC? I say u run test pipes, since (speaking for Cali only) HFCs are not emisisons legal anyways.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Banned
1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about
20% drivetrain power lost? that sounds a bit more than i thought...

Old 05-10-2009, 09:13 AM
prg
prg is infamous around these parts
let us know how it goes. I have trouble hooking up with what the car makes stock.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 PM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Can't wait to learn more about the mods, those are some serious numbers, Evosport was able to squeeze 600hp out of a CLK63 BS, I wouldn't be suprised if the C63 puts down similar numbers.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Boo
Originally Posted by domesticdemon
Subscribed. I can't wait to see the end results. HFC? I say u run test pipes, since (speaking for Cali only) HFCs are not emisisons legal anyways.
Well I guess the main reason I decided to run HFC was so I could pass the sniffer test. They may not be legal, but at least I should be able to squeak by...hopefully. This setup does eliminate the secondary cats though, so it will definitely be less restricting than stock. Plus from what I understand, running headers without primary or secondary cats, this car becomes insanely loud haha.

1JDM996; I believe most places are calculating apprx 18% drivetrain loss for the C63. Either way, I'm hoping for anywhere between 560-570hp at the crank...I'm also running a Carbonio CF air box with filters, although I don't think any gains show up on the dyno...but I hear it helps at speed.

Prg; I know what you mean...I have trouble hooking up stock as well. I'm running 19" wheels, and 265/30 tire in the rear. I want to get some Bridgestone RE11 after my tires wear out and see if that helps a little, but bottom line I'll just need to really work hard on controlling the throttle. I also have some KW V3 coilovers which seem to help a bit with hookup...must be slightly better weight transfer.

I'm fairly optimistic with this setup, mainly because others who have run just the ECU tune have posted up some good times. I know one member ran MKB shorty headers with the MHP ECU and posted a 11.4 @121 http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-16819.html

He is also getting the MHP long tubes, so hopefully we will be setting new C63 records. I probably won't be setting any records though as I'll be running street tires...the guy in the link is running drag radials.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:00 AM
561890 is infamous around these parts
drove a c63 before. awesome ride...

Old 05-12-2009, 07:48 AM
theroc is infamous around these parts
will this break dealer warranty?

Old 06-02-2009, 12:06 PM
leostizines is infamous around these parts
It shouldnt void the entire warranty (ie. getting a headlight replaced) but the best thing to do is just keep the bolt on exhaust that was taken off and if the engine goes...put the old exhaust back on.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:21 AM
lunamar is infamous around these parts
that is going to be one incredible setup

Old 06-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Boo
Hey all, just a little update. From what I've been told it is just a matter of days as opposed to weeks before the headers ship, so I'm anticipating them any day now. I did go ahead and do the ECU tune in the meantime (which is also tuned for the headers, and just a point rich without em), and just awaiting the final piece to the puzzle.

I will try and get some 1/4 mi slips to post up after everything is installed and good to go. I will say with the new tune, which is supposed to put me around 520hp crank, I was able to break the tires loose and make the ESP go nuts while crusing at 60 mph on dry pavement and flooring it in 3rd. I really can't imagine what it will be like with even more power from the LT headers, but I can't wait to find out.

As far as warranty, like leostizines said, the nice thing about this setup is its ease of installation. I will keep my stock exhaust for sure...but in any event I'm fully prepared to accept worst case scenario should my warranty be void. Obviously I'll hope and push for a different outcome should the need arise though.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:10 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Best of luck Boo, I hope you get the headers soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 570+HP C63 coming soon...