Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Went for an early morning drive...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 10:08 AM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
Went for an early morning drive...

past the Rock Store, up the Snake, and took some pictures at the Look out place.

I love this car! Not too much power but just enough to be entertaining.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:45 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Nice to see...

another 'Black' that been left stock....I think it is PERFECT just the way MB screwed it together...no 'ricer' looking wheels, additional carbon fibre, blah, blah, blah. Be careful in that fog though!

08AMGBLACK
08997TURBO

Old 06-25-2009, 11:45 AM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
Originally Posted by tssci
another 'Black' that been left stock....I think it is PERFECT just the way MB screwed it together...no 'ricer' looking wheels, additional carbon fibre, blah, blah, blah. Be careful in that fog though!

08AMGBLACK
08997TURBO
I agree. The most I would do is maybe 10mm spacers and a kleemann ecu tune later when I want a little more power.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:29 PM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
Nice. This will def. be in the stable one of these days.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:29 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
sweet ride!

Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jlee
I agree. The most I would do is maybe 10mm spacers and a kleemann ecu tune later when I want a little more power.
10mm won't do it on the front wheels, you'll need the 12's.

The front splitter from Vorsteiner is a heck of a nice piece .... oh, right, it should be for $3,895.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by DFW911T
10mm won't do it on the front wheels, you'll need the 12's.

The front splitter from Vorsteiner is a heck of a nice piece .... oh, right, it should be for $3,895.
I thought most people were doing 10mm front and 12mm rear? Or is it the other way around?

Old 06-25-2009, 02:38 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
I did 12's on both.
I figured that if I changed the geometry that the MB smart guys designed, I should at least make a symmetrical change.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:23 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
She's a beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by DFW911T
I did 12's on both.
I figured that if I changed the geometry that the MB smart guys designed, I should at least make a symmetrical change.
That was my feeling too, on keeping the changes symmetric. So I guess it will be either 10mm or 12mm all around when I do the change. As for the looks, I don't feel the wheels are too "in" in stock configuration, and I don't want to over do it as I really do not like the popped out look where the wheels do not flow with the rest of the body.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:39 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

You must have gone VERY early. That is some pretty thick fog!!

Must have been nice and empty on a Thursday early morning!
And beautiful car!

Old 06-25-2009, 08:27 PM
SpecB is infamous around these parts
The more CLKBS I see, the more I like them (which is a lot already lol)...Having seen both up close, I like the look of the CLKBS more than the SLBS. Great pics, I was on the fence about going for a drive tomorrow, but I think you just made up my mind for me lol

Old 06-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by AWD
You must have gone VERY early. That is some pretty thick fog!!

Must have been nice and empty on a Thursday early morning!
And beautiful car!
It was around 7 AM when I took the pictures. The fog was actually lighter than it looks; no problem with visibility at all.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by SpecB
The more CLKBS I see, the more I like them (which is a lot already lol)...Having seen both up close, I like the look of the CLKBS more than the SLBS. Great pics, I was on the fence about going for a drive tomorrow, but I think you just made up my mind for me lol
Thanks for the compliments. I went to the local MB dealer twice already to see the black SL65 Black series that they have in the show room. Man, the thing reminds me of the bat mobile. Very impressive car! I would not mind picking one of those up for half price in about one or two years.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:37 AM
GDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to allGDarnall is a name known to all
do you just love that car or what!!! on a scale from 1 - 10, whats your rating on it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Went for an early morning drive...