Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

My SL65 Black Series arrived!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 11:35 AM
doctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the rough
Not my shop....but Motorwerks on 59 is a great shop. They usually have one of my cars in their shop.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:52 PM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Hot dam!!!

Old 12-25-2009, 07:07 PM
manithemoneyman is infamous around these parts
Amazing car, enjoy!!

Old 12-26-2009, 02:16 PM
GTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud ofGTGuy has much to be proud of
Still: HOT DAMN!!!

Old 12-30-2009, 08:46 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Old 12-31-2009, 08:32 AM
INSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to beholdINSman is a splendid one to behold
That car is gorgeous...

Old 01-02-2010, 08:08 AM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
I was just at the local MB dealership (north Olmsted Ohio) and they have 2 of them up there, white and silver, I really like the white one, but the black one with the HRE knock offs at SEMA looked hot also. They also had 3 new SLR 722's sitting on the floor

Old 01-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Pipper6speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jcpca356
I hope this keeps value like the Carrera GT and the SLR does. There's an identical one in Naperville IL MB showroom, still for sale. Saw it in person...it's a showstopper alright.
Old post, but anyway...

SLR does not hold value. Decent ones can be had for low 200's. This didn't seem to hold it's value very well either. Can get an SL65 BS new for $249K.

Nonetheless, this car is pretty bad ***. Best looking Mercedes in a really long time. In fact, I'd say this ranks with the CLK DTM AMG. Wide-body is the way to go. If it was priced more reasonable and it didn't have an AMG badge, I'd buy one. Just don't like the depreciation curves on these cars. CLK DTM AMG seems to be pretty pricey still, though I don't remember what it's original price was.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:57 PM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wedouglas
Old post, but anyway...

SLR does not hold value. Decent ones can be had for low 200's. This didn't seem to hold it's value very well either. Can get an SL65 BS new for $249K.

Nonetheless, this car is pretty bad ***. Best looking Mercedes in a really long time. In fact, I'd say this ranks with the CLK DTM AMG. Wide-body is the way to go. If it was priced more reasonable and it didn't have an AMG badge, I'd buy one. Just don't like the depreciation curves on these cars. CLK DTM AMG seems to be pretty pricey still, though I don't remember what it's original price was.

this car has some miles on it...not brand new. so the price should reflect that.
the slr is dropping in value like the carrera gt, they just built a lot of both of them (more slr than cgt, but same concept).
the bs cars are toys that loose luster as soon as the next toy debuts. in 30 years, though, the slr, the bs, and the cgt will all be worth a lot of money.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:43 AM
Pipper6speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bruceinmiami
this car has some miles on it...not brand new. so the price should reflect that.
the slr is dropping in value like the carrera gt, they just built a lot of both of them (more slr than cgt, but same concept).
the bs cars are toys that loose luster as soon as the next toy debuts. in 30 years, though, the slr, the bs, and the cgt will all be worth a lot of money.
Nah, you can get one with delivery miles for $249K.

Doubt that in 30 years they'll be worth any more than they are today. In fact, probably less when you factor in inflation.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:11 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Absolutely vicious looking beast. The automotive equivalent of a perfect 10 dominatrix in black leather and 6" stilettos.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Banned
M3-ADDICT is infamous around these partsM3-ADDICT is infamous around these parts
Congrats, what kind of doctor are you?

Old 01-03-2010, 06:46 PM
B.Anderson is infamous around these parts
Congrats! I would love to hear a video. That Eisenmann Race comes on the car OEM?

Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 PM
justthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud ofjustthebest has much to be proud of
Does anyone think the SLS will de-value any BS AMGs?

Old 01-12-2010, 12:21 PM
doctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT
Congrats, what kind of doctor are you?
Radiation Oncologist.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My SL65 Black Series arrived!