Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

My SL65 Black Series arrived!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Moose///M6 is infamous around these partsMoose///M6 is infamous around these parts
Congrats and enjoy it..

That thing is BAD ***

Old 07-06-2009, 11:58 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
congrats on the new car... its beautiful.... any interesting facts for sure... a lot of different but highline manufacturers for different parts....

Old 07-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Nine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud of
Damn, I'd have to sell about 6 of my cars to buy that thing. LOL!

Nice car Sanjay, you won't pull up next to one of those anytime soon. Exclusivity is HUGE.

Tony

Old 07-06-2009, 03:51 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by doctorv8
Some details of note: There are some interesting details on the underside of the car.

1) In addition to the CF bodywork, there are CF brake cooling ducts.
2) Swaybars are manufactured by H&R.
3) There are dual differential coolers.
4) Exhaust is by Eisenmann.
5) Wheels are made in Italy.
6) Airboxes are much larger than on my CL65.
The CLK63 BS suspension was made by KW. So I am assuming that the new SL65 BS had the suspension also made by KW. I am waiting for confirmation.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Insane C63 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AWD
The CLK63 BS suspension was made by KW. So I am assuming that the new SL65 BS had the suspension also made by KW. I am waiting for confirmation.
Confirmed, KW on the SL as well.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:22 PM
E55 Bulldog K2 is infamous around these parts
Sick!!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 06:27 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
what a car, absolutely insane, congrats.....

Old 07-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Former Vendor
brad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of light
congrats!

Old 07-08-2009, 06:38 AM
cybersam69 is infamous around these partscybersam69 is infamous around these parts
What do you think about the comments recently made by Jeremy Clarkson on this past Sunday's Top Gear episode. He ripped on it pretty good.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Un-real!!!!

Have you considered blacking everything out? Does it come with a factory clear bra?

Old 07-08-2009, 10:08 AM
doctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the rough
cybersam,

I haven't driven the car yet, aside from backing it into the shop for the clear bra install....but Clarkson always exaggerates to make a point. I find his reviews interesting and entertaining, but that's about it. His facts are often off, and this was no exception. He mentioned that the ESP is either on or off...when in reality it has a "sport" mode, which he probably could've used to keep up with that SLR instead of drifting everywhere like an idiot.

Stuart,

It has factory clear protection on the rear fender flares only. I'm getting everything else cleared right now. I'm going to enjoy it stock for now...might do wheels or something else in the future.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 AM
doctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Insane C63
Confirmed, KW on the SL as well.
Correct .I'll get close ups of the remote reservoir shocks posted here later.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Damn, I'd have to sell about 6 of my cars to buy that thing. LOL!

Nice car Sanjay, you won't pull up next to one of those anytime soon. Exclusivity is HUGE.

Tony
Thanks dude. When I first read about the upcoming SL65 Black, it sounded pretty sweet, but seeing it in person is what forced me to re-evaulate my finances ASAP to be able to put one in the garage.

Hopefully I'll be driving it tonight for the first time, if the clear bra gets done today.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by doctorv8
cybersam,

I haven't driven the car yet, aside from backing it into the shop for the clear bra install....but Clarkson always exaggerates to make a point. I find his reviews interesting and entertaining, but that's about it. His facts are often off, and this was no exception. He mentioned that the ESP is either on or off...when in reality it has a "sport" mode, which he probably could've used to keep up with that SLR instead of drifting everywhere like an idiot.

Stuart,

It has factory clear protection on the rear fender flares only. I'm getting everything else cleared right now. I'm going to enjoy it stock for now...might do wheels or something else in the future.
Enjoy my friend! Where in Texas are you located if you don't mind me asking?

Let me know if I can help with the wheels! Car looks great, keep us posted on your first impressions.

Have a good day!

Old 07-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Stuart,

I'm in Houston. Will do.

Regards,

Sanjay

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My SL65 Black Series arrived!