Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

New E63 Black rumors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:32 AM
dmoney is infamous around these parts
New E63 Black rumors?

Some sources are reporting today that a Mercedes E63 AMG Coupe Black Series might be on the way for 2012. The Mercedes E63 AMG Coupe Black Series will be powered by the same 6.2 liter V8 engine on the current version, but with an increased power output of 525 hp. Besides putting more power to the rear wheels, the Mercedes E63 AMG Coupe Black Series will also have a reduced weight. The extra juices coupled with less weight might bring out a real beast in the Mercedes E63 AMG Coupe Black Series.

However, the Mercedes E63 AMG Coupe Black Series might just be a rumor, as Daimler officials have said there will be no addition AMG version to the model range.

If they actually go and build the Mercedes E63 AMG Coupe Black Series, expect it to be quite pricey.

I think it is a great idea, what do you guys think?

Old 07-30-2009, 09:35 AM
PitbullSL500 is infamous around these parts
I understand the current CLK black is a great car but a bad investment. When they first came out they were selling over the $135K list and within less then a year you could buy them for between $90-100K. Which is a great buy for the new owner. Just would not want to be the first one to buy one.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:53 AM
12:03 has a spectacular aura about12:03 has a spectacular aura about
Pitbull, all mercedes are that way. Think of the CLK black as a steal now. What other car can you get for 75k now that gives you THAT kind of pleasure???

Old 07-30-2009, 10:10 PM
()utlaw is infamous around these parts
They'll build it. All "Blacks" are 2 doors, and a few guys wanting a simple E63 AMG will be pushed into an E63 black.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Longhorn is infamous around these parts
I'd argue that a 911 S gives the same ammt of pleasure if lap times at the local track are a measure.

CLK Black is a badass car. Flawed, but badass nonetheless. I drove one at MSR (in Cresson, TX) and thought it sounded great and had the best MB steering rack I've ever felt/experienced. I didn't like the puny little shifter... .just looked wrong somehow in a car with 500+hp. Also, I wish they had gone ahead and put the rear seats in. If they had, I might have got one rather than my E63.

Also, and.... again, just IMHO, the wheels have too many spokes. I know alot of guys like them but, I prefer some simpler 5 or 6 spoke designs that don't take an hour to clean.

Ok, i'm getting off my soapbox now......

Old 08-01-2009, 02:22 AM
Fas1 is infamous around these partsFas1 is infamous around these parts
when will the clk63 black editions go down in the 40's.

Rides:
E500
lx470
bmw 540i
Landcruiser
E300 turbo diesel
2006 911 carrera c2 convertible

Old 08-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Fas1 is infamous around these partsFas1 is infamous around these parts
lol

Rides:
E500
lx470
bmw 540i
Landcruiser
E300 turbo diesel
2006 911 carrera c2 convertible

Old 08-01-2009, 10:30 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Longhorn
I'd argue that a 911 S gives the same ammt of pleasure if lap times at the local track are a measure.
Most skilled drivers (no, I'm not) would say the GT3 and the Black Series are more readily compared.

I drove one at MSR (in Cresson, TX)
After a test drive, I once heard someone comment that "they should call this car an OMG instead of an AMG!"
I'm not sure, but you might be familiar with that person!

....I didn't like the puny little shifter...
I 'm not a big fan either, I just accept it as a leftover part from the DTM race car.

....the wheels have too many spokes. I know alot of guys like them but, I prefer some simpler 5 or 6 spoke designs that don't take an hour to clean.
You're right ... but I've got it down to 15 to 20 minutes for all 4, tires included.

See you at TMS Saturday night?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:30 PM
JJayB is infamous around these parts

CLK Black is a badass car. Flawed, but badass nonetheless. I drove one at MSR (in Cresson, TX) and thought it sounded great and had the best MB steering rack I've ever felt/experienced. I didn't like the puny little shifter... .just looked wrong somehow in a car with 500+hp. Also, I wish they had gone ahead and put the rear seats in. If they had, I might have got one rather than my E63.

Also, and.... again, just IMHO, the wheels have too many spokes. I know alot of guys like them but, I prefer some simpler 5 or 6 spoke designs that don't take an hour to clean.

Ok, i'm getting off my soapbox now......
Longhorn,
If this car is flawed I like to know in what way. The trans selector is from the DTM, if you want to shift you use the paddles, which seems to be the trend in european cars like ferrari which has basiclly the same "puny" trans selector.

You must have a very stout 911S as in most track encounters the BS will annihilate a 911S. The better opponent is the 7GT3 which comes down to a drivers race.

I'll agree the wheels are a PITA to keep clean, but the only thing that looks better on the car is a set of Dymag

Most of the BS owners have had porsche turbos, and to a person they favor this car as it's flat easier to drive fast on the track.
This is one of the only production cars built with a seam welded chassis and triangulated frame stuff easily overlooked until one tries to build it after the fact. The satifaction is beyond words and disbelief of having a rear view mirror full of the the three pointed star. I sold my Cayenne turbo tow car and trailer. I drive to the track and at the end of the day it's still a Mercedes on the drive home. I can still drive to the club and put two sets of clubs in the trunk, something that can't be done in the porsche.
I've had a dozen duel purpose street track cars and this one is the best.
Jimmy

Old 08-02-2009, 10:53 PM
M_Funfer is infamous around these parts
hmm e63 black, sign me up!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 PM
According to sources at AMG, the next-generation Black Series super-coupe will be based on the new 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe; however, there will be little concentration on increasing the output on one of the most powerful Mercedes-Benz models on the roads.

Insiders say that AMG engineers will focus their attention more on weight-saving techniques and tuning the mechanicals of the car. There will be a great emphasis on improving the model’s agility and handling rather than speed and horsepower.

As for the C-Class, there will be no Black Series version of the model since the limited AMG branding is only for two-door models. Nonetheless, the C 63 AMG will get more power in the future.

“For this performance version you can count on more than 500bhp but less than 525bhp,” said an AMG engineer

This was a quoted...

Old 08-08-2009, 07:53 AM
The highly-anticipated E63 AMG Black Series Coupe will be an example of how to build a high-performance vehicle by shedding pounds rather than adding ft-lbs. According to the folks over at AutoCar, who cite their AMG insiders, some power increase is likely but the real performance difference will come as a result of fine-tuning and overall weight reduction rather than upping the output of the 6.2-liter V8. The focus will be more on making a better handling car, rather than one that can blast down a drag-strip a few tenths of a second faster than a standard model.
Considering the current E-Class Coupe weighs around 3,900 lbs, we’d expect the Black Series version to come in at closer to 3,500 lbs.
Interestingly, the E63 Black Series Coupe will be the only AMG version of the C-Class based car. No non-Black Series E63 model will be offered.
Despite being based on the C-Class platform, AMG will not release a Black Series version of the C-Class sedan, as those special limited edition models are reserved only for two-doors.
The next C63 AMG, however, will get a significant power increase, up from the current 457hp to somewhere between 500 and 525hp.