Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

2007 mercedes s550 - need suggestions for wheels size

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:47 AM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JBONDOx
As i step to the pulpit...
Rims are one of the most important aspect of a safe driving experience along with the rubber... not to mention the brakes... for you, your occupants, and everyone else out there

I think the standards are lacking and believe every rim design should meet the basic requirements of SAE/TUV/JWL don't you? I mean after all what are you paying for, just looks? but at the same time compromising unknowingly your safety.
This is why i never cheap out on rims. Not worth it at all. When i'm travelling at speeds i want the insurance knowing my rim won't fall apart on me. I have HRE's on both vechicles.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:42 AM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
You made my Monday! I am glad there is someone out there that realizes that.

I actually wonder why these internet rim manufacturers don't try to go after the basic standards, it is not like they are actually doing anything with running a real company.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:21 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
rim manufacturers are in business because there are customers there that pay for their products, whether it's high end rims or low end rims. If you dumping 100k on a nice high end luxury car, don't cheap out and get $2 rims for it. It's like wearing your highline italian suit with yellow timberland boots.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:33 PM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NickyBlack
rim manufacturers are in business because there are customers there that pay for their products, whether it's high end rims or low end rims. If you dumping 100k on a nice high end luxury car, don't cheap out and get $2 rims for it. It's like wearing your highline italian suit with yellow timberland boots.
True, BUT there are rim manufacturers charging more for rims than a rim that is superior and approved, all on hype. Well marketing... I wonder if HRE is a sponsor here, I would like to see their input to this, since they claim TUV.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:12 PM
RobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of lightRobertM is a glorious beacon of light
I put on the wheels and they seem to be fine so far. They balanced out with not a ton of weights. So far so good. AGAIN, I have had most of the higher end wheels and really do not notice a difference. Tires are Falken 452. I have the same tires mfgr on my 2008 E350 with 20" wheels (zauber gettin / 3 piece from wheel power in cali) and 5,000 miles and no issues there either. The cost is more than 4 times less per wheel (HRE).

Current cars and wheels:
Benz S550 / 20" eurosport wheels
Ferrari 360 / 19" & 20" Vellano wheels
Benz E350 / 20" zauber wheels

Previous wheels / Gone but not forgotten
Benz R350 / 22" TWC wheels (first experience with a less expensive wheels and the truck was purchased from a local benz dealer with the wheels installed by the dealer and in the showroom)

Porsche 996 C4 / 19" HRE wheels
BMW x5 / 20" OEM
BMW 530 / 20" Hartge Classic
BMW 3 cab / 19" Racing Dynamic
BMW 525 / 19" Racing Dynamic

so for now - i will have to agree to disagree with the cheap is not good regardig a set of wheels. Funny thing is that most of the wheels are made from the exact factory that makes the high end wheels and them sells then to x x x x x x x and they brand and then market the hell out of them. So time will really tell if there really is a difference

Last edited by RobertM; 08-17-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:06 PM
A.I.I.Raciing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NickyBlack
And whats up with the AMG badges... I hate it when people put those on a NON AMG car...so ghetto.
I agree, but they were on the car when it was bought out at Beverly Hills MB in 2007.

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Tap out emblem and fake AMG...get some window stickers for the trifecta
Co-Founder of the company

Old 08-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Robert keep us posted on how the wheels hold up over time. GL