Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Mercedes ipod issues please help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 01:37 PM
fizzywomack is infamous around these parts
Mercedes ipod issues please help!!!

I Have a 2008 Mercedes E350 which I picked brand new in December of 2007 for use as my DD. It came with the ipod integration option which is one of the my favorite features. Like most other models the ipod connection is located in the glovebox. My Classic ipod worked perfectly with the car, when plugged in the mercedes logo came up on the ipods screen and i had control of the ipod from the stereo and controls on the steering wheel, my display would have currently playing track without fail. Unfortunatly my ipod recently died, so i replaced it with the 64 gig ipod touch and to my dismay the new ipod does not work as well as my previous one. The ipod plays through stereo but there is no control from the stereo or steering wheel as well as no display. I was wondering if theres any setting on the car or ipod which will allow me to use the full functions of the ipod set up in the car. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Anybody???

Old 09-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
I wish that I was qualified to answer. I assume that you have already been to the dealership about this issue, so maybe a local auto sound shop has discovered the answer. Otherwise, you could go to the technical forums at the Mercedes Benz Club of America: http://mbca.cartama.net/index.php I think they even have a separate forum category for sound system issues. Good luck!!

Old 10-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Update..i tried the same ipod that has been giving me problems in my e class in a friends new c63 and it worked with the car as it should..which leads me to believe the car needs some sort of software update...does anybody have any info about this??

Old 10-07-2009, 06:12 PM
CGinev is infamous around these parts
A lot of the new gen iPods aren't compatible with previous iPod integration software. A firmware update should solve the problem...hopefully your MB service department has or will have it soon. I own an automotive business that does a lot of mobile audio and come up on this all the time. Good luck!

Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 PM
VoiD is infamous around these parts
Also.. there is a newer ipod integration cable with a black connector.. The cable with the white connector is the older cable and does not charge the newer ipod/iphones.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:29 AM
CGinev is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VoiD
Also.. there is a newer ipod integration cable with a black connector.. The cable with the white connector is the older cable and does not charge the newer ipod/iphones.
Good point. There is an adapter that you can put on the old cables to make them charge the new gen iPods though.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
I may be missing something, but it still seems like the factory installed i_pod integrator is not "integrating" properly. Assuming the car is still under warranty, your dealer is still the best bet for getting the thing adjusted, reprogrammed, getting a software/firmware update, etc. Have you consulted them already? I'd take it back and insist they take care of it. The fact that your newer pod worked in another Benz is more evidence that the dealer needs to be involved. I don't think that there is a valid after-market fix for this.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Slik560
I may be missing something, but it still seems like the factory installed i_pod integrator is not "integrating" properly. Assuming the car is still under warranty, your dealer is still the best bet for getting the thing adjusted, reprogrammed, getting a software/firmware update, etc. Have you consulted them already? I'd take it back and insist they take care of it. The fact that your newer pod worked in another Benz is more evidence that the dealer needs to be involved. I don't think that there is a valid after-market fix for this.
I agree..thank you for all your suggestions..i spoke briefly to my service rep over the phone..when i brought the car in i was brushed aside at the dealership which is why i took to the forums for help...i dont know how it is at other dealerships but at beverly hills mercedes when i brought my sl55 or s500 i recieved much better treatment than when i bring in my e class dd lol