Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Any S55 mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:37 PM
rondocap is a name known to allrondocap is a name known to allrondocap is a name known to allrondocap is a name known to allrondocap is a name known to allrondocap is a name known to all
Any S55 mods?

I have a 2001 S55 AMG, before the supercharged 2003 of course. It puts out about 354hp/391tq at the moment - any reasonable mods that can be done to it that increase performance, within a reasonable price and difficulty? Like an ecu chip, or something of that nature? Or are only the newer versions able to be modded?

Old 11-05-2009, 10:31 PM
1qikctr is infamous around these parts
You can look in to Ecu tune, headers, filters, intake, exhaust, cams list goes on. You can use the big boys like kleeman, brabus, or domestic Evo, Let, c3 etc....

Old 11-05-2009, 10:32 PM
rondocap is a name known to allrondocap is a name known to allrondocap is a name known to allrondocap is a name known to allrondocap is a name known to allrondocap is a name known to all
Any idea on price to HP gain ratio? For example, spend around $2k gain 50hp, etc. (Just throwing something out there - any type of tune that would yield the best results for the dollar)

For those tuners, do they have shops or resellers that I take the car too? How does it work? I've never modded before! (I'm in the NY area)

Old 11-05-2009, 10:43 PM
1qikctr is infamous around these parts
I bought from LET and C3 performance... from what i know, these two company merge. Its call LET eurocharged now, they are now located in Chicago !?! google it. The tune can gain a easy 50+ on 03 V8 SC motors. Since yours in NA... i have no idea what your be getting from the TUNE. LET reps flew to Cali SF area to tune our cars in person. yea... you can choose from stg1 2 3 packages. Hope this helps enough to get your foot wet, happy tunning ! Oh almost forgot cost less than 2gs for the tune plus dyno time.

Last edited by 1qikctr; 11-05-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:50 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
I would leave it alone, you wont get much by bang for the buck on your platform. I had a 2000 E55 for 6 years (same motor as your S55) and theres just not much out there for that motor to really wake it up unless you put a Kleemann supercharger on it.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I guess there isn't too much you can do - I know evosport has a few mods that can increase the HP by almost 30, though - so that's OK.

This is still a fast engine right? Even if the heavier s class? I am picking up the car this week, and drove it but not extensively yet.

It's a good step up from my C280, I'll tell you that much! Maybe after this I'll get a CL55 with a supercharged 55 engine - let me enjoy this S55 for 2 years at least though.