Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

No Nitrous 1/4 Mile Record 10.6 @ 125

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:07 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
No Nitrous 1/4 Mile Record 10.6 @ 125

This is a 2001 CLK55 with Kleemann supercharger (~9PSI) and other mods running a 10.66 @ 125.9 with a 1.51 60' on 93 octane and no nitrous. It's the quickest no nitrous pass in a benz so far. Figured I'd share it with those that were interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86z1MxsSjyo

Old 01-16-2010, 08:40 AM
C55AMG is infamous around these parts
It sounds amazing.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:49 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
nice!

Old 01-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Very fast without bottle.. There must be some very good down low TQ to move that thing to those 60fts.. Benz guys closing in on me.. Time for more bottle.. LOL

Mike

Old 01-16-2010, 04:59 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Unreal pass......great video other than the tool saying "Record Baby" at the end

Old 01-16-2010, 05:32 PM
mtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant futuremtcraigco has a brilliant future

Old 01-16-2010, 11:42 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by C55AMG
It sounds amazing.
Thanks
Originally Posted by RFFG
nice!
Thanks
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Very fast without bottle.. There must be some very good down low TQ to move that thing to those 60fts.. Benz guys closing in on me.. Time for more bottle.. LOL

Mike
Thanks Mike. The magic of the twinscrew at work! Gobs of torque down low. Thats actually a 2200ish rpm launch. Afraid to launch off the stall and break axles. Turning up the boost a bit before I go out again, and I haven't even sprayed it yet
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Unreal pass......great video other than the tool saying "Record Baby" at the end
Thanks! Haha, I was in the car driving

Last edited by blackbenzz; 01-16-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:48 AM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Very impressive. Any transmission upgrades?

Old 01-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by ORYX
Very impressive. Any transmission upgrades?
Thanks. Yes I had the trans built and put in a modified torque converter. I think a stock E55 trans would be able to handle this power though. My car was designed to be NA and run low 13s not 10s lol The axles are the weak point now. They break where the spindles go into the hub. And the car still has stock internals unless you count cams

Old 01-17-2010, 10:44 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
How much hp can the stock internals handle? AMG's are known to be pretty stout no?

Old 01-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
How much hp can the stock internals handle? AMG's are known to be pretty stout no?
That is a very good question and I don't think anyone has a real answer. From what I've heard they have forged crank and rods from the factory and they are all hand assembled. The E55 has lower c/r than my CLK55 and I have seen those make over 600whp with nitrous. I am turning up the boost soon (if everything works as planned) and going back to the track Feb. 27th.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Congrats on the great run!! That is impressive!!

Any engine bay pictures? And what hp level are you currently at?

Old 01-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by AWD
Congrats on the great run!! That is impressive!!

Any engine bay pictures? And what hp level are you currently at?
Thanks!

I should have some old engine bay pictures somewhere. Once I went to a bigger throttle body I had to change my intake setup and don't use the headlight intakes anymore

In terms of hp, when I got tuned it made 491whp and 590wtq on a dyno dynamics in Chicago

Old 01-20-2010, 03:12 PM
masciosr is infamous around these parts
My M5 is getting slower every day

Old 01-20-2010, 03:25 PM
IN Is-F is a jewel in the roughIN Is-F is a jewel in the roughIN Is-F is a jewel in the rough
Hell of a run. Congrats. I look forward to any updates and lower E.T.'s

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No Nitrous 1/4 Mile Record 10.6 @ 125