Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Evosport :: SL63 Long Tube Header System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Former Vendor
simon @ evosport is infamous around these partssimon @ evosport is infamous around these parts
Evosport :: SL63 Long Tube Header System

I know many of you have been waiting for this moment. I receive emails almost daily from all over the world for a real header for this car. Well folks, that time is upon us. We have officially begun development of this header system for the R230 SL63 AMG. This thread will show the progress of the components which will include our Long Tube Header System and evo2 Exhaust System. I will also post dynos and video/sound clips of the finished product.

Here are some photos to get things started. The car is a 2009 SL63 AMG IWC Edition finished in beautiful matte white.

Feel free to email us with any questions. Enjoy...

Old 02-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Former Vendor
simon @ evosport is infamous around these partssimon @ evosport is infamous around these parts
Finished Product...

Evosport Long Tube Headers with our evo2 Performance Race Exhaust System. Vehicle also has a preliminary evo2/Powerchip ECU Upgrade (v1). Working on another version of the ECU for this application. This is hand's down the BEST sounding 63 AMG we have done!

Car made +63H HP and +55 Torque (on CA 91). The SL63's are known to dyno pretty low in stock form.

Below are random images, dyno plots and a video.

Please feel free to email us with any questions.

Smoothing 5:

Smoothing 0:

YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFJKWDrc1lQ

Old 02-27-2010, 08:11 AM
ac_schnauzer is infamous around these parts
very nice craftsmanship. Car sounds sick too!

Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Wow that sounds vicious. Nice job.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:04 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Sounds great!

I love the fact that you guys still utilize the AMG mufflers.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:27 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
390 to 437hp Wow impressive

Old 03-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Banned
M3-ADDICT is infamous around these partsM3-ADDICT is infamous around these parts
Very nice, wheels look very out of place on that car. I think it's due to size. Needs bigger or something. Love the raw sound.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:51 PM
P2P
P2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the rough
Nice HP gain and Quality sound ..

Old 03-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by AWD
Sounds great!

I love the fact that you guys still utilize the AMG mufflers.
Yes, the stock AMG mufflers flow very well on this car.

Originally Posted by M3-ADDICT
Very nice, wheels look very out of place on that car. I think it's due to size. Needs bigger or something. Love the raw sound.
The car needs to be lowered which will help with the visual you bring up. It is being lowered next week.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
those wheels just looks plain ugly on the SL63

Old 03-11-2010, 06:44 AM
SSIIICK is infamous around these parts
Very impressive! It sounds awesome. Keep up the good work as usual.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Great sounding system. The craftsmanship looks top-notch.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Former Vendor
brad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks!

Old 04-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Sincity is infamous around these parts
The sound is awesome. I just feel sorry for the people who live near your "proving grounds."

I wish on the C63, we can fit a x-pipe, 2 perforated core resonators and still retain the rest of the stock system.

Was this car purchased from South Bay Mercedes? When I picked up my C63 last summer, they had the same Mate White IWC in the showroom. I can't imgaine there being that many in SoCal.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Sincity
I wish on the C63, we can fit a x-pipe, 2 perforated core resonators and still retain the rest of the stock system.
We can do whatever you want. Take a drive from Vegas and visit us and we can make your wish come true

Was this car purchased from South Bay Mercedes? When I picked up my C63 last summer, they had the same Mate White IWC in the showroom. I can't imgaine there being that many in SoCal.
I don't believe so. There are a few of these cars in SoCal I've seen. This one is the fastest and loudest

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evosport :: SL63 Long Tube Header System