Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Anyone ordering a CLS500?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 11:23 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
rear seats are smallish though...wouldnt go as far as calling it a family car

Old 12-29-2004, 02:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
I ordered a blk/blk CLS 55 in summer and have #6 coming in to Houston but I may sell the car before it arrives. It will be a nice car to whoever gets it.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 12-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Originally posted by lee2375
I ordered a blk/blk CLS 55 in summer and have #6 coming in to Houston but I may sell the car before it arrives. It will be a nice car to whoever gets it.
Smart move!!

I'll wait until the madness dies down to buy one.

Old 12-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
That car is gay, like a typical Mercedes, only worse.

Old 12-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Hamann7
Gay? A car cannot be gay!

How does anyone know if its worse than a "typical" Mercedes when its not even of the streets yet?

Old 12-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Porsche Fiend
Because they had the concept car at the LA Auto Show last year, where we got to see it in person. Every grotesque angle of it.

Old 12-29-2004, 04:08 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty sleek. Look like a great Autobahn cruiser...

Old 12-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I'm waiting for the second year model - maybe by then the CLS63 will be out

Old 12-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Built to Blast
Because they had the concept car at the LA Auto Show last year, where we got to see it in person. Every grotesque angle of it.
I saw it there too.

It was maroon colored with light interior. I went with a couple friends who are Mercedes and Ferrari drivers and we all were mezmorized by the car for about 10 minutes.

For a sedan, or "saloon" it is pretty sleek.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:35 PM
techart 996 #3 is infamous around these parts
I assure you, there's nothing gay about the Cl500 I just got for my mom. Its a great car!

Old 12-30-2004, 04:47 AM
Standard is infamous around these parts

I'm guessing, you're more of a Bimmer person. Those haven't been looking so great lately either.

Old 12-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Porsche Fiend
I WAS a Bimmer person. But the styling has gotten so perverted that they have lost me as a customer. The new 5, 6, 7 series are all so butt ugly.

Old 12-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Built to Blast
I WAS a Bimmer person. But the styling has gotten so perverted that they have lost me as a customer. The new 5, 6, 7 series are all so butt ugly.
What's your sedan of preference now Hamann7? Keep it at about 100K, not RR Phantom or Maybach.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:01 AM
Porsche Fiend
Originally posted by GFORCED
What's your sedan of preference now Hamann7? Keep it at about 100K, not RR Phantom or Maybach.
That is a tough question. Phantom interior is disappointing, feels like a BMW 760Li with its sub-grade leather and german feeling interior. Maybach is super nice, but it's just about the most hideous car on the road and its a Mercedes, which doesn't help things.

I would not even consider a Mercedes. MB just doesn't know how to get steering feel or handling right. In this department, they are well behind BMW. One can hardly make the argument that any of the AMG cars are really driver cars, with slushboxes, dead steering, and mushy handling.

BMW has lost me on the styling and iDrive bull****. Customer service with BMW is also horrific. Audis are too generic and stale, and their interiors feel like a VW.

I guess a Porsche Cayenne would be the next thing for me to get??? Thinking about buying an S for Costco trips and hauling **** around. At least it's got space, and it handles impressively for an SUV. Thought about buying a Turbo, but I don't really see the point of a fast SUV, especially when you have 2 fast sports cars already.

If Porsche made a 4 door sedan with 500bhp+, THAT would be my sedan of preference. I pray that one day Porsche will make an AMG and M killer, as they are more than capable of doing so. Only problem for them is that this would cannibalize Audi RS sales.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:09 AM
golfnut is infamous around these parts
I am visiting relatives in S.Cal and went over to the Brabus Showroom and saw the new CLS in person. It is European spec CLS 350, Black/Black. I thought the car looked great with all the Brabus body kit and wheels added on.

They told me that the car is not for sale and will be displayed at the LA Auto show in early January and shipped back to europe afterwards. It should be in their showroom until the autoshow. If you want to check it out up close, sit in it, etc. go down and see it in their showroom.
4040 Campus drive, across from the Orange County airport.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ordering a CLS500?