Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

NEW E63 Tires? Any suggestionsss thanks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:28 PM
mercedE63s is infamous around these parts
Exclamation NEW E63 Tires? Any suggestionsss thanks

Hello,
I recently purchased my brand new 2009 E 63 and I totally wore out my tires in 8 months.
I currently have the contisportcontact3
any suggestions on some good set of tires, i am going to be changing all four. Price is not really and issue.
Thank you

Old 05-19-2010, 09:22 PM
mr chaz tsai is infamous around these parts
I ran Advan AD08s and recently switched to Hankook RS3s on my C63. Either one of these would be great for your E63. Performance is unmatched and tire life is pretty decent.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Pirelli PZero's. I personally do not run them (overkill for my old SL) but some guys in the MB club (and the local Porsche club as well) swear by them.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Clubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of light
I apologize for hi-jacking the thread, but I just bought a 2010 E63 and heard that I will replacing tires twice as often as my Porsche. I understand the soft compound of the tire, but is it just a vehicle weight issue, or is everyone driving the heck out of their cars?

Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 AM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mercedE63s
Hello,
I recently purchased my brand new 2009 E 63 and I totally wore out my tires in 8 months.
any suggestions on some good set of tires, i am going to be changing all four. Price is not really and issue.
Thank you
Best performer that I've had on these 4,000+ pound MB's are the Pirelli Corsa's. The problem (beyond $2.2k cost) is that you would have to drive them really hard to get them up to temp. I've gotten 6k miles out of them on the street.

The truth is, I don't need them for the street, so I've switched to Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's.
The Vred's are great in rain, corner just fine, they're quiet and less than half the cost of Corsa's. And I got 8k miles out of the rears and 12k out of the fronts.

Originally Posted by Clubrcr
I apologize for hi-jacking the thread, but I just bought a 2010 E63 and heard that I will replacing tires twice as often as my Porsche. I understand the soft compound of the tire, but is it just a vehicle weight issue, or is everyone driving the heck out of their cars?
It may be related to torque and the driver's right foot.
But you're right, weight, tire compound and torque are a costly trio.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:29 AM
smiley47 is infamous around these parts
I'm sold on Michelin Pilot Sport SP2's. A bit pricey but they are quiet and are wearing very well so far. More money than Continentals but you get what you pay for in this case.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
have Pzero now.. changing over to PS2's in a few weeks when the HRE's come in.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:20 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
My Z rated Kumho Ecstas did quite well on my 400rwhp, 4200lb SRT-8. I recently switched to the Hankook Evo Ventus after reading the C&D test result to try something different.

Excellent value for the price.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:32 AM
illest18 is infamous around these parts
Hankook V12s are a bargain. They are just as soft as ps2s and just as quite.
They out handle the ps2s in the rain, and everything else is just about the same.
Best feature about them, its that they are about half of the price of ps2s.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:12 PM
mjnsx07 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mercedE63s
Hello,
Thank you
Congrats on your E63. That is going to my next car.
Looks like you are having too much fun with it.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:32 PM
SigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Slik560
Pirelli PZero's. I personally do not run them (overkill for my old SL) but some guys in the MB club (and the local Porsche club as well) swear by them.
I agree, I have had the Sportcontact 2s also the Pilot sports, but the PZeros are best, they will wear out fast tho, (Very soft compound) so if its your daily you will be replacing them sooner than later

Old 05-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 is infamous around these parts
My 07 E63 came with Continentals in the back and where HORRIBLE For traction. I Had a large bubble in one and switched to General Exclaim UHP and have been VERY happy. They will NOT spin at all now! AS far as wearing out. I have had them for almost 8k now and they still look new. I plan to replace the front ones this week as well. They are in expessive as well.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:58 PM
knext is infamous around these parts
i would go with the Invo , Mich Ps2 ,P zero

Old 05-31-2010, 11:58 AM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by knext
i would go with the Invo , Mich Ps2 ,P zero

+1

Invo's are great for the price and come in a big range of sizes......but if money is no object you can't beat Michelin PS2's (Porsche OEM) or Pirelli P-Zero's (OEM Ferrari)!

Old 06-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
+1

but if money is no object you can't beat Michelin PS2's (Porsche OEM) or Pirelli P-Zero's (OEM Ferrari)!
The recent Car & Driver evaluation suggests differently.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...mparison_tests

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW E63 Tires? Any suggestionsss thanks