Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

C63 Limited Slip Diff Install Cost?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:44 PM
RS4-Brian is infamous around these partsRS4-Brian is infamous around these parts
C63 Limited Slip Diff Install Cost?

Does anyone know what it should cost to get a LSD installed in a C63?

For those who have done it, was it worth it? I know the magazines say it needs it but they're tracking the car and I'm just not likely to do that. So for the average "aggressive" street driver is it worth the cash?

Thanks!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:17 PM
roadtalontsi is infamous around these partsroadtalontsi is infamous around these parts
When i have installed them in the past, I'd just remove the rear diff and send it off, that way if any warranty issues arrise due to improper installation its on them. Labor depends on the car most are about 5-8hrs plus tieing up a stall for a few days. This was the kleemann lsd on an e55 kompressor and an s65. It made a wolrd of difference to both of these cars as far as low speed traction. Im sure theres better units out there but thats what i have experience with. As for your car if your only going to drive it on the street i dont see it being very necessary, the 63 doesnt make gobs of low rpm torque like the 55 komp, or v12 turbo motors. As you long as you keep some good tires on the back you should be just fine. If you've got the cash to blow go for it, it'll make a noticeable difference. If not, then save your money for one of the new v8 twin turbo cars coming in a few years that will definately need an lsd.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:29 AM
RS4-Brian is infamous around these partsRS4-Brian is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the info...I appreciate it.