Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes
View Poll Results: Which would you choose??
Magno Allanite (Matte Silver)
20.00%
Alubeam (Liquid Metal)
80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Matte Silver or Liquid Metal - SLS???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 05:57 AM
Condor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud of
Matte Silver or Liquid Metal - SLS???

So I am tossing up between the Magno Allanite (Matte Silver) and the Alubeam (Liquid Metal).

The Matte is $10,000 extra and many people say it is very difficult to maintain.

And the Alubeam is $30,000 extra and if damaged some say that the whole car needs to be resprayed.

What would you choose and why??

Old 09-17-2010, 06:01 AM
Condor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud ofCondor Man has much to be proud of
This is the Magno Allanite;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7itavkjZOj4

Attached Images   
Old 09-17-2010, 06:04 AM
This is the Alubeam;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lsDc9GE34g

Attached Images   
Old 09-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Dan Halen is infamous around these parts
Alubeam, no question here. I like some cars that are finished in matte, but since its a grey, it takes on a bit of a primered look, which i think doesn't match the style of the SLS imo. If the car were a more aggressive model or make, i think it would match better, but since the lines and look are fairly subdued- compared to say, a black edition which has more extraneous junk attached to the body- i think it's not the best car for it.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:31 PM
GENTANI is infamous around these parts
I like it kind of like the palladium silver, but I dont know if its work 10k or 30k whatever it is. I think the iridium silver, alubeam, and red all look great.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:05 PM
ApeelinZ is infamous around these parts
My vote is for Alubeam (Liquid Metal)

Old 09-17-2010, 10:11 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Condor,
it's crazy to start a thread like this.

u gotta trust ur heart on this. most people posting have not even seen the colors in person.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by -AW-
Condor,
it's crazy to start a thread like this.

u gotta trust ur heart on this. most people posting have not even seen the colors in person.

I agree - My Heart Says Alubeam.

Having stated this, I haven't seen either colour at all, so, I guess that I am in the same boat as the others.

I atcually ordered my RS in Black with Gold and since there wasn't any around or delivered. So I ended up photoshopping an existing blue car to work out what it would look like.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:02 AM
JJayB is infamous around these parts
I've seen both, Alubeam no question. The matte will look like yesterday as the fad for matte wears off, and it will.
Jimmy

Old 09-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by JJayB
I've seen both, Alubeam no question. The matte will look like yesterday as the fad for matte wears off, and it will.
Jimmy

Thanks for that

Old 09-21-2010, 05:13 PM
buzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the roughbuzz is a jewel in the rough
Alubeam for sure...

Old 09-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Alubeam here as well. That Matte Silver is NOT what I had in my mind.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:11 AM
mchctsV is infamous around these parts
matte!

Old 09-23-2010, 05:26 AM
Looks like the Alubeam is the winning the race...