Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

2012 G55 changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 03:38 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gungriffin
Nice to hear that someone out there is not using this capable vehicle as a street queen
Thanks, I'm sure everybody that sees it with 22" wheels on it and knows the type of vehicle it is says "What a waste" or something like that thinking it's a street queen.

I got a lot of looks and pointing and conversation when I reached the bottom of one trail. The parking area by the river was filled with ATVs and fully built off-road vehicles running 33" or 35" tires.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:31 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
You guys have no idea who you're talking to. Go big or go home. Are 911 owners (I have one too) stupid for taking their $100k+ car to the track? No, that's what they're built for. The G is built for serious off-road.. ......... There's no photos on the hard parts of the trails because you need to drive and concentrate. No time to get out for pictures.
Consider crow eaten.

You are insane. I think I love you.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:39 PM
twist-a-grip is infamous around these partstwist-a-grip is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by twist-a-grip
I am looking at buying a new G55 next spring and have done proper research and driven one. I've read on 6speed and other forums that MY2012 will have some significant changes, but I have not found confirmation of the specific changes, just rumor and speculation. I don't want a 2011 if the 2012 is worth the wait. Word is, the front end will change a little to get up to speed on new Euro pedestrian safety rules. I honestly don't believe this will materially change, because that is the allure of the G55 - that it looks old school and hasn't changed much. Therefore, I'm mostly interested in details regarding the upgrade to MB's new 5.5L TT that will have 540-570hp and a 7 speed. Does anyone have confirmation as to whether or not this motor change is going to happen? The dealers I've talked have no idea about changes and wouldn't tell me if they did because they have 2010s and 11s to sell (why do we always know more about cars than salesmen-drives me crazy).
bump due to some recent chatter on other forums that the new 5.5l TT replacing the SC. Anyone have anything on this?

Last edited by twist-a-grip; 01-20-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Former Vendor
GroupB is infamous around these parts
Not only would I not expect the new 5.5 biturbo w/ 7 speed, but I would avoid it. That 7 spd. won't hold big power like the 5 spd., and the 5.5 will be a lot more money to tune/build in the future (if you ever go that route).

Get the 5.5 Kompressor. If you want mega-power, we can bump it to over 700 on the Kompressor or way higher with a twin-turbo build.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:46 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !

BUMP ! i was about to post the same thread !

Old 02-06-2011, 02:49 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
bump due to some recent chatter on other forums that the new 5.5l TT replacing the SC. Anyone have anything on this?
+1
i was asking the guy from Mercedes benz two days ago the same question he didnt have any answer
i think soon they suppose to change the kopmressor AMG engine with the new TT one !

Old 02-06-2011, 08:20 PM
littlehandegan has a spectacular aura aboutlittlehandegan has a spectacular aura aboutlittlehandegan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by yalmutawa

bump ! I was about to post the same thread !

not real. Its been confirmed.