Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

battery tender question!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:35 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
battery tender question!

Hi, would anyone know how to hook up a battery tender to a C63? (interior is just like the 2009 C-class)
I bought the one mercedes sells (CTEK?), and neither of the 12V interior sockets will allow it to charge. I really don't want to wire right to battery because the user is 80 years old and I don't want him to fumble around for a connector.
I got it for my dad's birthday, and I failed miserably to get it to work!
Any ideas???

Thanks!

Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 AM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
An 80 y/o is rocking a C63? Way to go!

Beyond that, sorry I know nothing about the real problem.

Jim

Old 06-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Might be a question for CTEK. Maybe they have an 800 number to help you troubleshoot the issue. I bought another brand of charger with an interior socket to charge the battery in our Mini Cooper that the wife seldom drives, only to find out later that when the key is in the off position, the damn lighter socket is dead.

Good luck with the issue. Sorry I can't be of any help.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:59 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Slik560
Might be a question for CTEK. Maybe they have an 800 number to help you troubleshoot the issue. I bought another brand of charger with an interior socket to charge the battery in our Mini Cooper that the wife seldom drives, only to find out later that when the key is in the off position, the damn lighter socket is dead.

Good luck with the issue. Sorry I can't be of any help.
Yeah, same problem here! I know there has to be a way to work around it. I hate calling the dealership
Anyway, thanks for checking in!

Old 06-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by jspporsche
An 80 y/o is rocking a C63? Way to go!

Beyond that, sorry I know nothing about the real problem.

Jim
Back in the day when my dad was in the Army (mid-fifties) in Germany, he bought a 300sl roadster with his GI discount! He did a lap of the Ring with Sterling moss, and it got him into cars. I always ask why he did not like the gullwing and went for the roadster instead, and he said that everyone thought it was ugly back then. Go figure! He wrecked the 300sl right before his tour was up, and bought a 190sl roadster (not remembered as the best car mercedes made)
Anyway, he is sick with cancer, so I told him to "live big"!!!
Go Dad!!