Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

My Eurocharged BLOWN ENGINE story and more

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
It will be interesting to see if you get slapped with a slander suit when you file your claim. I would be very careful how you proceed. Most of your story is becoming very clear on other forums. Bottom line is modded cars break and things happen when cars are shipped and left in shops. Just about every one of my race cars has been scratched or damaged at some point in shops. Its just part of the game. Bashing a company on multiple forums really isnt the ideal route. Just my opinion...
I am sorry, if I shipped you my 100K car in pristine condition. And you send it back fock up, I am not going to accept it. Sorry that is not part of the game, don't know what game you are playing. That is highly unacceptable. I mod all my cars and know the risk associated with it. If my car was fined before it was modded, then messed up after the modification. I expect the tuner to fix it before shipping it back.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:31 AM
BB Supra is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cpais
What year is this car and how many miles does it have on it? You really do sound like you're on a witch hunt. If you are really going to court than why are you talking about all of this stuff on here. It seems like you invested a lot of money in your car over the years. Get over this stuff already. It's a stupid foglight, a scratch or whatever. As far as I see it you are driving yourself crazy over nothing really.

You said you got the car detailed and it fixed the problems with the paint so quit whining about it. If a detail or (paint correction) can fix the car it wasn't really that damaged now, was it?

I also understand your frustration and sometimes things don't always turn out the way that you want them to but, at the same time, sometimes you have to learn to cut your losses and move on. Life is short and it's not worth dwelling on this crap. Good luck finding whatever resolution makes you happy but I think that people here are tired of hearing about your destroyed car, at least I know that I am.

I just think it would be a good idea to stop talking about this now, there's a point when you talk to much and I think you have reached that. Maybe start posting about the new mods that you get done and move forward from here, what do you think?
Good point,

I just hope if and when something like this happens to you (god forbid) you institute this same method of thinking.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Banned
Cpais has a spectacular aura aboutCpais has a spectacular aura aboutCpais has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BB Supra
Good point,

I just hope if and when something like this happens to you (god forbid) you institute this same method of thinking.

I do think this way all the time, that's why I have a much less stressful life than you do.

Just think about all the time and effort you are putting into talking about this and writing about this. Now you are talking about spending money on lawyers, etc.

Take a step back and look at the big picture. Move on and forget about this crap, it is a waste of your time, unless of course, your whole life is about a car and nothing else. I know that there are a lot of people on this forum who work and live for there car. Maybe you are one of those too.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by mevans
The fact is, I was at the mile, you were not, and your fogs were not broken at the mile.

That makes you a liar.

Classically, if someone is willing to lie about one thing in order to gain sympathy from the anonymous masses, chances are they are willing to lie about other things.

As for being friends of the Eurocharged guys, I was able to take my handicapped grandfather to the mile because they were nice enough to allow him to use the facilities in their RV when he needed to. With that said, pushing your ****box around was something I did out of kindness for some stranger (you) who I assumed wasn't a lying dickwad.

I've had multiple turbos and motors blown by once reputable tuners in the past, but I have no sympathy for you based on how you are approaching this.
Please show me where i said it happened at the mile? i said the damages happened while the car was in eurocharged's care which is the truth. I said its possible it happened at the mile. Its not unrealistic to think that a car being driven at 170+ MPH could cause some damages. The point is simple if you allowed me to use your car at a racing event to promote my company i would take good care of it and i would make damn sure i returned in the condition you sent it to me in. I would not send your car back to you broken filthy damaged and missing parts. Also with the car taped up like this how would you even know if the fogs were broken did you personally peel the tape off too?
Name:  milefront.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  167.2 KB
You can spin these FACTS anyway you like.

Last edited by BB Supra; 07-14-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:02 AM
I do think this way all the time, that's why I have a much less stressful life than you do.

Just think about all the time and effort you are putting into talking about this and writing about this. Now you are talking about spending money on lawyers, etc.

Take a step back and look at the big picture. Move on and forget about this crap, it is a waste of your time, unless of course, your whole life is about a car and nothing else. I know that there are a lot of people on this forum who work and live for there car. Maybe you are one of those too.
A company that abuses and destroys a customers property is unacceptable to me.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by mevans
I've had multiple turbos and motors blown by once reputable tuners in the past, but I have no sympathy for you based on how you are approaching this.

Ive owned DSM's Supra's, Terminators, Z06's and more all moded and all built by shops in those communities. I have never had an experience like this before in my life.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Banned
Cpais has a spectacular aura aboutCpais has a spectacular aura aboutCpais has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BB Supra
A company that abuses and destroys a customers property is unacceptable to me.

It'll be ok. There are many things that i am sure are unacceptable to you but, unfortunately, you are not the King and cannot rule the world with an iron fist so you are just going to have to learn to accept them and move forward.

I know I may sound harsh but this is what we need to call reality and there is nothing that you can do about it other than accept it.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:29 AM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
It'll be ok. There are many things that i am sure are unacceptable to you but, unfortunately, you are not the King and cannot rule the world with an iron fist so you are just going to have to learn to accept them and move forward.

I know I may sound harsh but this is what we need to call reality and there is nothing that you can do about it other than accept it.
Doesn't mean this is acceptible and he should move on. People sue for far less nowadays.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:30 AM

How and where i spend my money is at the top of my list. As a car enthusiast i appreciate when people share their experiences with vendors so i know how to and how not to spend my hard earned money and i feel obligated to do the same. Maybe you have a money tree in your backyard and pissing away tens of thousands of dollars is meaningless to you but its not to me and many others.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:53 AM
zer0t has a spectacular aura aboutzer0t has a spectacular aura about

Why should anyone accept substandard work or mishandling of their property?

Old 07-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by zer0t
Why should anyone accept substandard work or mishandling of their property?
I'm not saying to accept it but in life you have to figure out what's worth fighting for and what's not worth fighting for sometimes. How much time and energy are you going to spend on this. The poster is jaded right from the beginning and you can tell from reading his posts. I think he mentioned something like his car was destroyed, now destroyed is a strong word and I think he is far from that. He had the car detailed to fix the scratches so that is over with. Throw a fog light in it yourself and fix the seat and you are done.

Or......spend hours posting this on every forum and threaten to sue and if you actually do it's going to cost you a lot of money. Theres a point where you have to weigh all your options and he is at that point. How much time and energy do you want to put into going after someone when you can easily rectify everything yourself fairly quickly and inexpensively.

Now, I'm sure this has been going on a while now, what would you do? I say you move on and take it as a lesson learned and that's it. I don't really understand what everyone plans on coming away from with this. At some point the customer was obviously very happy with Jerry, he did give them permission to race his car and he is obviously proud of the results at the race because they are posted in his signature.

The bottom line is that it's a car and it has obviously had quite a bit of work done to it. The customer shipped it across the country and spent a lot of money modifying it. He is upset at some damage on the car and getting no resolution from the shop so go make yourself happy and get it fixed. Now take the car somewhere local for the repairs so that you don't have to worry about transports and the car taking months to get done.

I hope he gets everything taken care of but I'm afraid that it's a bill he will probably have to pay for himself.

I'm just calling it like I see it and telling you how I feel about it.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:41 PM
kelly is infamous around these parts
move on? Things are easier to say when the pain is not happened on you. Just for remedy, I'd expect $$ compensation, at least.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
this thread is going in circles and headed nowhere...the op can post again when he has a resolution...thread closed