Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Ply car shipping damage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:46 PM
cgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to beholdcgng30 is a splendid one to behold
Ply car shipping damage

So guys I want to take your opinion. I bought my car from Ferrari of Seattle. I had my rare Mercedes Benz CLK 63 AMG black series with 728 miles shipped via ply cars, (which was shipped via ferrari of seattle, their preferred shipper) every thing was fine , except they damaged the RR wheel and the tire. The damage on the wheel is small and tire is ripped on the side and i paid premium for this car with low miles.

Ply cars wants to refinish the wheel and replace the tire. I want a new wheel , is that being unreasonable.

Ply car quote "Plycar reserves the right to have first right to repair.
As long as we return the wheel to original specifications.
The wheel will not need to be replaced."
ferrari of seattle has pretty much washed their hands of this,

please advise

thanks
Ronnie

Attached Images   
Old 09-09-2011, 09:35 PM
smalone01 is infamous around these parts
I dont think there is anything wrong with repairing the wheel, if its done correctly. It is such a small spot it will never be noticed. Tell them if your not satisfied after the repair you want it replaced.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Efterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these partsEfterlyst27 is infamous around these parts
That wheel barely needs repairing, I cant even imagine replacing a whole entire wheel for a MB BS. That's got to be hella expensive. I understand your frustrations though.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:06 PM
Truble10 is infamous around these parts
I certainly understand your frustration but do not think you can expect a new wheel for such a small scuff. A professional shop will make your wheel look like new.

Get the wheel fixed, put on a new tire and you will be good to go.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:34 PM
ENV² is a jewel in the roughENV² is a jewel in the roughENV² is a jewel in the rough
I would have to agree with the people above. I am **** about my cars but refinishing it to perfect match and new tire or tires if the other rear one is less than 80% life on it.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:59 AM
SaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really nice
+1.... and please show some pictures of your new baby

Originally Posted by Truble10
I certainly understand your frustration but do not think you can expect a new wheel for such a small scuff. A professional shop will make your wheel look like new.

Get the wheel fixed, put on a new tire and you will be good to go.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:32 AM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
A rifinished wheel will never ever match the color/texture of the other wheel on the same side regardless of who finishes the wheel, period.

Looking at the side of the car with damage, one could easily pick up mis matched colors of the wheels.

I would demand a perfect match or a new wheel.

Hope that helps.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Albert222 is infamous around these parts
Car Shipping is very sensitive case. So to avoid and type of damage you should choose the best one auto shipping company. In my knowledge EZTransport is best one and they provide fully insured services to its clients.
Car Shipping - http://www.eztransportcorp.com