Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Another dealer nightmare story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 10:56 PM
shadow996 is infamous around these parts
Another dealer nightmare story

To start, I was really happy with my purchase of the R350 a few years ago from Laguna Niguel Mercedes Benz. I kept referring my friends to go there if they want a Merc. So it makes perfect sense to go back to them when I want to get a GL450 to replace it now. Bad bad bad idea.

First the negotiation process took forever, the sales went back and forth with the manager so many times that I really lost count, and I was left in the office waiting with my family for hours. Finally we got to an agreement on the price, but they did counted the Conquest discount to make it a sweet deal. They ran my credit, everything looks good, we shook hands, he said the car is yours and we "almost" signed the bill of sale. The problem is I don't have a car that fulfills the Conquest promotion, so they suggested that I could always go get an old BMW or Volvo to get that $4000 conquest discount and come back to do the paperwork. So I did and went ahead and bought an old Volvo the next day. I called the sales back right away after I got the conquest car. Surprise, their general manager decided that they are not going to sell the car with the agreed price. Why? Because there are other interested buyers that might come to see it and there is another dealer that want to get the GL I was looking at as a trade for a higher price they offered me.

Enough said, I think the way they do business and treat customer with what happened. I won't suggest any fellow 6speeders to go there. There are plenty of Mercedes dealer in So Cal, just got somewhere else. Asking another manager to tell me he was not the one who agreed on the price and the manager that offered me the price is off and not in the dealership is plain stupid. The only credit was to the sales person Ray, he was really nice and honest, and I don't think he had anything to do with this and it's not something he can control on what his crappy GM does.

If you want to be treated like an idiot that they can squeeze every last quarter out of you for a car, go to Laguna Niguel Mercedes. I am sure some other people might have experienced otherwise, but thats just my share.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:34 AM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Whah, whah, whah? Why on earth would you be persuaded to buy another car you didn't want simply to get a good deal on another? Those dealers are shady but you walked right into that one. I could see if you were buying you first Ferrari, and it was a GTO.......(since you must be "invited" to buy a new ferrari).

Car I want, price I want. No deal? No deal....Walk.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Typical Socal dealer BS. You should not have taken delivery of the GL450 but have signed a contract conditioned on bringing in the "conquest" trade in within 48 hours. Laguna Nigel had four used C63 in stock last year but were hard as nails to deal with. I bought mine in Rocklin (Sacramento) much better people.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:18 AM
shadow996 is infamous around these parts
No I have taken delivery of the car nor signed any contract, that's why they can change what they agreed on the deal. I did ask for the option and will come back with the conquest car, but they rejected that.

Anyway, I told them I am not interested in buying any car with them anymore due to the fact they are just a bunch of clowns that don't do business the right way. I already went ahead and purchased what I want from another Mercedes dealership.