Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

I test drove a 2012 E63 BiTurbo today........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 08:10 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by donho
Why would I test drive a car and NOT drive it like I drive my own cars???
Thats the whole point of the test drive?? But if that makes me a tool, so be it.
I'm sorry Dohno. I don't ever intend to call out other forum members, but you are still a tool. Considering your multiple meandering posts defending your toolness i'd say I hit a nerve. Main point you missed....you clearly said that you had no intention of buying it. None. So you were basically abusing an amazing piece of automotive engineering that someone else is going to buy.

If you had any.... One iota of considering, maybe, possibly buying the actual car you "drove hard" then disregard my comments and accept my apology for highlighting (what I still think is valid) toolness.

To anyone who thinks this if defensible then you are all tools. Have some respect guys to the person that actually has the want and desire to purchase a non-appliance, quality machine.

Just because a "dealer" buddy calls you up and says 'eh I've got a new ride, lets go ride...." Unless he is a tool too he's actually trying to sell you the car.

Get real, go abuse your own car.

Considering your 'break-in' comment..... I totally agree. From day one: drive it like you stole it. As long as it's yours.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Bimmeristic has a spectacular aura aboutBimmeristic has a spectacular aura about
You are very lucky to test drive a toy like that. They probably wouldn't let me sit in it!!

Old 10-27-2011, 02:26 PM
donho is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KK Moto
I'm sorry Dohno. I don't ever intend to call out other forum members, but you are still a tool. Considering your multiple meandering posts defending your toolness i'd say I hit a nerve. Main point you missed....you clearly said that you had no intention of buying it. None. So you were basically abusing an amazing piece of automotive engineering that someone else is going to buy.

If you had any.... One iota of considering, maybe, possibly buying the actual car you "drove hard" then disregard my comments and accept my apology for highlighting (what I still think is valid) toolness.

To anyone who thinks this if defensible then you are all tools. Have some respect guys to the person that actually has the want and desire to purchase a non-appliance, quality machine.

Just because a "dealer" buddy calls you up and says 'eh I've got a new ride, lets go ride...." Unless he is a tool too he's actually trying to sell you the car.

Get real, go abuse your own car.

Considering your 'break-in' comment..... I totally agree. From day one: drive it like you stole it. As long as it's yours.
The day an internet ***** hits a nerve with me. Is the day I hunt you down and kill you.
I live a great life and I assure you, being called a tool on a public forum is the least of my worries.
The point is my buddy wanted me to drive it, so I would possibly buy it.
I wanted to drive it, just like I will be driving a New M5.
Will I be buying it right away?? Maybe, maybe not.
But I never test drive a performance car unless I can drive it hard. What is the point? You never test drove a car and not buy it? Your logic is flawed.
and if driving a performance car is abusing it? I abuse mine daily.

Last edited by donho; 10-27-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:33 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by donho
The day an internet ***** hits a nerve with me. Is the day I hunt you down and kill you.
Ok, we clearly see things differently. Fine. But I love this line. You are my new personal hero.......

Old 10-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
I think there's a huge difference between test driving a new car that you're potentially buying and driving one just to see how it performs.
Regarding the break in procedure, there are a lot of people who follow it (more than those who doesn't from what I can tell) so I think it's inappropriate to drive the **** out of a car that will be someone elses pride and joy.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Who cares... the dealer let him drive it that way--- it falls on them. If they didnt want him to drive it or drive it hard let the dealership decide. I always, always test drive my cars prior and I drive them hard. I dont leave the RPM's in a high range for a long time but I do need to know how the car is going to feel especially at speed and from a dig.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:16 AM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
My strategy when shopping for new high-line cars is to ask for a test drive of a used model if there have been no recent changes of any significance. I don't feel as bad driving a car aggressively that has already been broken in.
I agree that alot of the blame for beating on new cars lies with the dealer. Often, the salesman is the one to drive aggressively to show off the cars capabilities, I follow their lead.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Bruce_Wayne is infamous around these parts
Every one of my cars have been test driven HARD. I also always broke my cars in with a few redline pulls here and there. You guys have no idea how some of the service guys drive these cars. I've seen a BRAND NEW 997 Turbo S at a bodyshop that was getting the front bumper repaired from a shipping accident or something...the guy was using launch control in the parking lot. Cars do get used hard. Some get abused. As long as you are not abusing it during the test drive, then no worries!

How does the 63TT compare to the 550TT 4matic? I am wondering if there is any potential with the regular 550 since it is also a twin turbo V8 but it has all wheel drive, which is almost a requirement from where I live. It also is pretty slick off the traffic lights.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:29 AM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bruce_Wayne
How does the 63TT compare to the 550TT 4matic? I am wondering if there is any potential with the regular 550 since it is also a twin turbo V8 but it has all wheel drive, which is almost a requirement from where I live. It also is pretty slick off the traffic lights.
I don't have any experience with the 63TT, but drove a 2012 CLS550 last weekend, the RWD version. Was impressed, very powerful engine with both low-end torque and higher end pull. Good value for the money, if there is such a thing in an 80k car.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Mhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kk moto
i'm sorry but you are a tool. Shame. Idiots like you are why dealers get more and more prohibitive to real buyers that want to test drive performance cars.
+11111111

Old 12-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Meeyatch1 is infamous around these parts
I think what we have here is simply that some people just simply don't give a crap about other people's posessions. Yes, a car on a dealer's lot is someone else's posession, and will eventually become a private party's posession. This is not to bust the OP's *****, but the only reason that car left the showroom was that his buddy convinced his boss that the car was going out on a legitimate test drive for someone that may seriously buy THAT car. The OP himself said he is in no position to buy the car at this point (despite an evidently smoking deal), and is trying to sell his current one, so this was under a false pretext.

The problem that most people have with this is that put yourself in the position of the person that is buying THAT exact car. How would YOU feel if you were in the showroom doing a deal and getting ready to spend almost $100,000 and they said, 'Hold on...this guy over here wants to go out and beat the crap out of your car before you take it home'. If that happened to anyone on here they would be posting and going BALLISTIC about this, and rightfully so. Do what you want to YOUR car, but don't to it to a car that is someone else's car.

I am not just doing an ivory tower thing. I practice what I preach. My dealer invited me to come in and drive the new E63 when I had my '07 E63 in for service and I declined. I knew that I was in no way interested in buying the car, and it would be disrespectful to the eventual buyer of that car to go out and add miles and beat on it. That is just the way I was raised. Respect others posessions. Period.

Again...I am not trying to bust the OP's *****. I am not your Dad. I am simply trying to lend insight as to why there are some people on here that have a problem with this. Do what you want. Just something to consider.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:38 PM
ATLibo is a splendid one to beholdATLibo is a splendid one to beholdATLibo is a splendid one to beholdATLibo is a splendid one to beholdATLibo is a splendid one to beholdATLibo is a splendid one to beholdATLibo is a splendid one to behold
I love reading "entertaining" threads like this one. they should be inside the morning newspaper with the funnies.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:48 PM
CayenneS12 is infamous around these parts
can't beat the e63! wouldnt even consider the m5!!!