Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

I test drove a 2012 E63 BiTurbo today........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 07:24 PM
donho is infamous around these parts
I test drove a 2012 E63 BiTurbo today........

I just drove one today!! My local dealer had a 2012 CLS 63, but it was sold fast. So I never got to even see it. But they just got a 2012 E63 and My buddy called me to come down. He made them pull it out of the showroom and we drove it. When the lot guy started it up, everyone came over. This car is loud! At least during cold start. Once it warmed up, it has a healthy tone. Alot better then my N/A.
We got it outside and I experienced the car like it was meant to be driven. I drove it like I stole it. Only thing I did not do was use the LC. But I tested it through hard turns, straight aways. hard braking. No room for high speed runs. But I can say this car is a beast. It makes my 09 seem way out dated. Everything from the dash, to the handling, to the way the car acts during normal driving. EVERYTHING is better and alot better.

Sticker was 96 and change. Even less then the sticker on my 09!!!!
It did not have the performance package, but a tune would take care of that. I am not in the market for a car. Infact I am trying to get rid of my 09. but with the deal my buddy could have done on this car, I almost pulled the trigger. I had to slap myself to leave without that car.
If my car doesnt sell befor winter, I am storing it and trading it on a new E biturbo in the spring.
Unless the new bi turbo M5 is better......................
(and NO, we did not drive it with the pink bow on it.LOL)

Attached Images  

Last edited by donho; 10-24-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:49 PM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
I am torn between that or the e550 4matic with the 4.6L TT ...

I really should be responsible and get a 4matic since i have my 520 hp vette ... but AMG's are so tempting...

Old 10-24-2011, 07:51 PM
nyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the roughnyc123 is a jewel in the rough
Thinking I will order the wagon version just debating color

Old 10-24-2011, 08:34 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by donho
......... I drove it like I stole it. ...... I am not in the market for a car. .......
I'm sorry but you are a tool. Shame. Idiots like you are why dealers get more and more prohibitive to real buyers that want to test drive performance cars.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by KK Moto
I'm sorry but you are a tool. Shame. Idiots like you are why dealers get more and more prohibitive to real buyers that want to test drive performance cars.

Why would I test drive a car and NOT drive it like I drive my own cars???
Thats the whole point of the test drive?? But if that makes me a tool, so be it.
The manager did come over and question my buddy about taking the car for a ride. My buddy then told his manager that I bought my 09 from him brand new and paid cash. He smiled and said have fun.
I guess you are a ***** that owns a fast car and drives it like it is made of glass
I see guys like you all the time. driving in the slow lane, thinking you look cool. the cars are performance cars, drive them like they are meant to be driven

I see in your sig you have a 2010 E?
Lets say your dealer calls you up and says "I have a 2012 biturbo here, you want to take it for a ride?"
what will you say? I assume you are not in the market for a new one, since you just got the 2010. Will you really say:"I am not in the market for a new one, so I will decline the test drive??"

Last edited by donho; 10-24-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
I am torn between that or the e550 4matic with the 4.6L TT ...

I really should be responsible and get a 4matic since i have my 520 hp vette ... but AMG's are so tempting...

just throw responsibilty to the wind and get the new E63

Old 10-25-2011, 06:41 AM
6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough6spdg37s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by donho
just throw responsibilty to the wind and get the new E63
yeah my main problem is winter... if only it didnt snow in NJ id be set lol

Old 10-25-2011, 08:29 AM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
I think the point is about beating cars that have not been broken in yet. I test drove several cars last week including the new CLS550, great engine, can only imagine how the AMG version is.
On a test drive of the Audi S4, the salesman was driving it first, being very aggresive. Felt like saying, I'll take one, but not that one lol.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by 6spdg37s
yeah my main problem is winter... if only it didnt snow in NJ id be set lol

Thats another reason why i could not do it. It would sit all winter and if we have another winter like last year, the car will sit for months
My E sits all winter. No point in driving it. The roads in Jersey are terrible in the winter.

But when spring gets here, if I still have my E, I am trading it in on one or a new M5

Old 10-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
I think the point is about beating cars that have not been broken in yet. I test drove several cars last week including the new CLS550, great engine, can only imagine how the AMG version is.
On a test drive of the Audi S4, the salesman was driving it first, being very aggresive. Felt like saying, I'll take one, but not that one lol.

I really do not take the break in nonsense. I worked at many dealers and I have a buddy who works at the port. If you knew how hard these cars are driven in the first few miles, you would not buy any car!

Knowing this, it is quite amusing when I see someone babying a car because it is in its "break in" stage. if a high performance engine had a defect, let me know right away. Why baby it for 1000-3000 miles, then you finally hop on it and the defect becomes known.

My last race engine cost me 30k+ and we started it in the dyno, brought the revs up a few times and dropped it for a full dyno pull. Thats how all race engines are ran. Once the rings seat, it is ready. it goes or blows.
I buy performance cars, because I like how they accerlerate and handle. if I was not buying soley for the performance, I would have bought an E350 4 matic.

and as far as the CLS? I love the new body design. The older ones reminded me of a Ford Taurus. But the new body is sweet. They had a CLS550, but like I said the CLS63 biturbo was sold as fast as it came it.

Last edited by donho; 10-25-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:25 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
I'm w/ donho on this. I tested (and now have on order) a '12 CLS63, as with this and my R8 V10, I won't even consider buying unless the dealer lets me drive it the way I drive my own cars, which is conscientious but hard. I always ask the dealer if it's ok for me to push it a little harder and in no way do I abuse the car in a way I wouldn't on my own (always get oil temps warmed up, etc.). Absolutely no point in spending 100k+ if you don't know what you're getting, especially considering all the competition at this price point (new M5 coming out, etc.). Just IMHO.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Clubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of light
I have to chime in as well. When I bought my 2010 E63, I test drove it hard, I felt it had a warranty, and these AMG engines have been tested at the factory. I also drove the C63 and a E550. I drove all of them as I would daily. It was the hard driving that sold me on the car.

By the way, do you really think the salesman or the mechanics aren't doing the same thing???

Old 10-26-2011, 05:34 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
The N/a motors 6.2 liter have a better exhaust tone than the 5.5 turbo models. It's been stated everywhere

Old 10-26-2011, 05:36 PM
there is also a difference between getting on a warmed up car versus....

cold start... hold the brake rev it up and sitting there smoking the tires and doin donuts lol

but yeah you would be surprised what techs do to the cars...

Old 10-26-2011, 06:09 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I am interested to know what kind of deal you were about to get on it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: I test drove a 2012 E63 BiTurbo today........