Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Weistec CL 63 Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 03:05 PM
cortwagner is infamous around these parts
Weistec CL 63 Project

Just sent my CL to Weistec for a stage 1 kit and a quaife limited slip.

Very excited to see if they can give this sled some more grunt. It;s a daily driver, so I opted for a stock exhaust and stage 1 version. Love the 7 speed and lighter weight vs. the CL65, but the car never had the grunt it should have, especially after having two 55 kompressor cars, I always thought this motor was a bit of a let down.

Steve and his gang impressed me every time I spoke to them. Knew every aspect of supercharging, boost, timing, cooling, pressure variances, etc....and the quyality of their product seems FIRST RATE, way better than most "tuner shops" i have dealt with. It was refreshing and reassuring at the same time.

The sled made just under 400bhp at the wheels stock, it will be neat to see where a stage 1 takes this car and also how the drivability is combined with a proper ltd. slip. I will update when I get it back.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:11 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
Sweet!! Been wanting to see a cl63 with that. Post pics when you can!! And you're right one of the few let downs in my cl600 is that it has the 5-speed instead of the 7-speed, but i cope with it...anyways post up some pics of your car now if you have any!!

Old 12-14-2011, 07:51 AM
e46m3smg is infamous around these partse46m3smg is infamous around these parts
Can the gearbox handle it though? I thought the 5 speed was tougher and that's why the 65s got that instead of the 7 spd.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:04 PM
cortwagner is infamous around these parts
I think the transmission, with a stage 1 is not an issue whatsoever. Steve at Weistec has a C63 with stage 2, been beatin gon it for a while, has had no issues whatsoever.

I have had the car for a couple days now and I am VERY impressed with the seamless integration of this kit into the powertarin of this motor and transmission. No weird idle surges, no overruns on off throttle boost, no weirdness in any way, actually drives smoother than a CL55 I had. It' just got a great sense of urgency at all times, made the car feel "light on it's feet" if you will. I have never really described this car as "fun" to drive or sportscar like, but it certainly is now. More engaging, more fun, pulls hard from down low to red line, and with the ltd. slip they put in, just way more responsive and feels a lot more like my previoous car (2008' M5).
I have laways loved the CL engine note, the 7 speed box, and the relatively light weight in comparison to the 65's, but was always a bit disappointed withe the grunt.

Problem solved.

These guys at Weistec did a super clean job, car was just as I left it, perfect, just with a blower and diff.

Was a worthwhile upgrade, as I was toying with selling the car and stepping up to something "more", dont need to now.