Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Interlagos Blue Makeover (Not a BMW)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 10:48 AM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
Interlagos Blue Makeover (Not a BMW)

Impressive Auto came through...AGAIN. This time on my brother's W211 E55.

My brother and his girlfriend just had a kid this year so all of his responsibility has been directed to her. He had originally planned to get into an S63 but obviously that wasn't going to happen. Around the same time my car was at Impressive to get a full color change so he began to consider doing it as well. Keep his same car for a few more years but with a new car feeling.

I KNOW EVERYONE LIKES WHITE (so do I)... but every damn W211 is white. Almost every performance car has begun to be purchased in white. Every guy in a sport package rolls up with the same Alabaster White thinking they have the same car. My brother and I have always loved the Interlagos color because of its tendency to look completely different during different times of day and lighting. I don't think this paint gets enough credit for being spectacular which it really is, maybe because its an M stock color. After going through a bunch of different color swatches my brother kept going back to Interlagos. Not only because the color is hot but because there are no Mercedes in bright blue colors. There are no W211s in bright colors.

So after talking to John a few times they decided upon doing the color conversion. After seeing my car roll out of their shop it was basically a no brainer.

After a few weeks the E55 has rolled out looking like a completely different car. It had some cosmetic mods before, which still need to be transferred over. Plus a few new goodies are being added. Here is a list:

- E63 Front Bumper Conversion with PDC
- CF Front Lip
- CF Rear Diffuser
- Lowering Module
- Kleemann Headers
- Pulley Upgrade
- ECU Flash
- Straights after Primary Cats
- DPE R16 (rivetless) in Brushed Finish w/ Polished Lip
- Forgestar F14s
- Yellow powdercoated Calipers

There are a few loose ends, including putting back all the original badging, that still needs to be finished. Once everything is tightened up there will be an actual photoshoot.

John and the guys at Impressive called us over when the car was getting its final polish to take a look at the car and make a quick little video. Pretty cool stuff, they had some crazy equipment and I know John has spent a pretty penny on getting all that setup. HUGE THUMBS UP TO JOHN AND IMPRESSIVE :thumbup:. Unfortunately the sky was really ugly out and so the paint didn't get a chance to shine but cool video nonetheless.

So below are a few pictures of the car before the conversion. Rendering of what we wanted. During. After.

(Old picture with my 996TT before Impressive got their hands on it)

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-31-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: prmotional material
Old 01-02-2012, 12:14 AM
LEXveryG8 is infamous around these parts
Nice E55! Love the color choice, it really changed the looked of the car!