Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Approaching 100k On My '06 E320 CDI...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:15 PM
SunDevilFan is infamous around these parts
Approaching 100k On My '06 E320 CDI...

and the CPO warranty will obviously be gone. Here's the dilemma...

Even thou this E is as far away from an enthusiast's car as possible, I've really enjoyed the heck out of it as a daily driver. I drive well over 20k per year, and have been treated to low 30 mpg in the city and upper 30's highway with very good reliability and wonderful comfort. So, the question is would you keep it? Everyone's heard of the horror stories relating to servicing and maintaining out of warranty MB's, but do you think a non-AMG and non-air suspension diesel would fall under this perception? I would be servicing the vehicle with one of the many non-dealer german make shops in town, so I should save some on repairs/maintenance compared to dealer costs. The only daily driver option on the table for me right now would be the '12 Golf tdi (want to stay under $30k otd) with the 6speed. So, would you be concerned about keeping the car for another 100k, or would you just go with a new tdi? Oh, and money is a factor for me currently and that's why I'm trying to figure out what makes more economic sense. Independent shops around here are telling me to budget a couple hundred per month minimum for repairs and service. Would you agree? Anything more than that would start to sway me to a new tdi where I could use the current value of my CDI and have a payment not much higher (when taking into account the increase mileage and free services for the first 36k).

Sorry for the long post and appreciate any opinions you may have.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
It's just barely broken in.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:46 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
It's just barely broken in.
LOL that's what everyone will tell you about Mercedes diesel's and here is a huge market of people buying 100k+ cars like these... If you really love the car (which I can vouch for they are really more fun to drive than you would think) then I say keep it. If you are bored and want to move onto something else then that is an option as well.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Luke_M is infamous around these parts
If money is an issue and the car is paid for, or nearly so I would keep it. I understand the concern (I had an '04 E55) but with a non airbad suspension and a relatively simple diesel engine you should be good to go.