Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

AF-Signature Series Wide-Body Conversion :: 2003-2012 Mercedes SL Class R230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Former Vendor
Extreme Dimensions has a spectacular aura aboutExtreme Dimensions has a spectacular aura about
AF-Signature Series Wide-Body Conversion :: 2003-2012 Mercedes SL Class R230

We are proud to introduce Aero Function’s new AF-Signature Series Wide Body Conversion for the 2003-2012 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class R230. Aero Function refines the elegant lines of Mercedes’ sport roadster with a broadened race car like stance to emulate the look of the Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series. They’re dedicated to the needs of their clientele and deliver with exceptional quality and personalization options.

Unlike any other manufacturer on the market, Aero Function offers this conversion for the 2003-2008 models, without requiring the buyer to upgrade to the 2009+ specifications, saving you over $7,000.00. Aero Function is also the only one on the market to offer this conversion standard with a Carbon Fibre Plastic front splitter, rear diffuser, and trunk wing. Their Carbon Fibre Plastic (CFP) is manufactured in a European spec 1x1 weave pattern.

Aero Function offers various complete packages for owners of the Mercedes SL R230. Below is a listing of the complete contents of each AF-Signature Series conversion:

All Aero Function and AF-Signature products offer GUARANTEED FITMENT!

2003-2008 Mercedes SL Class R230 AF-Signature Series 1 Wide-Body Conversion (12 Pieces):
Front Bumper Cover (GFK)
Front Splitter (CFP)
Side Skirts (GFK)
Rear Bumper Cover (GFK)
Rear Diffuser (CFP)
Front Fenders (GFK)
Rear Fenders (GFK)
Hood (GFK)
Trunk Lid Spoiler (CFP)

2003-2012 Mercedes SL Class R230 AF-Signature Series 2 Wide-Body Conversion (12 Pieces):
Front Bumper Cover (GFK)
Front Splitter (CFP)
Side Skirts (GFK)
Rear Bumper Cover (GFK)
Rear Diffuser (CFP)
Front Fenders (GFK)
Rear Fenders (GFK)
Hood (GFK)
Trunk Lid Spoiler (CFP)

Aero Function also offers exclusive personalized kit options. Please contact us for more details on kit contents and available options.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Former Vendor
Extreme Dimensions has a spectacular aura aboutExtreme Dimensions has a spectacular aura about
For those of you that are unfamiliar with Aero Function, they have been engineering and manufacturing carbon fibre plastics and glass fibre composites for over 10 years within the automotive, commercial and retail markets. Their extensive experience and expertise in high performance composite production allows us to produce parts in-house without sacrificing quality, fitment or value.
Aero Function has taken measures to ensure they provide their customers with the latest and most up to date aerodynamics and accessories, with a focus on Exotic and European applications.

To create the AF-Signature Series Wide Body Conversion Aero Function has utilized Carbon Fibre Plastics, Glass Fibre Komposites. Carbon Fibre Plastics are a very strong and lightweight fibre-reinforced polymer which ensures the optimal combination of flexibility, durability and weight savings. Glass Fiber Komposites are made of milled and cross-woven fibres. They are finished in our signature double-layered gray primer.
  • Five-Stage Aero Function Quality Control Assurance Manufacturing System
  • Chip-Resistant Aero Function ABS Plastic Honeycomb Black Mesh Grille
  • 3-Year Limited Aero Function Manufacturer’s Warranty
  • Extensive Aero Function Ship-Safe Packaging And Protection System For Reduced Freight Damage
  • Complimentary Aero Function Brand Identity Package (Aero Function Foil Sticker And Lanyard)
  • Aero Function Exclusive Limited Production Availability
  • Industry Leading UV Protected Carbon Fibre Plastics
  • Double-Layered Signature Gray Primer For Ease Of Preparation
  • Highly Durable And Impact Resistant Glass Fibre Komposites

PRICING:
03-08 Kit: $12,499.00
03-12 Kit: $11,999.00

Old 04-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Former Vendor
Anyone with any feedback on what they think about our kit?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:56 AM
Ibis 2.0T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AeroFunction
Over done. I prefer the car in stock form.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Ibis 2.0T
Over done. I prefer the car in stock form.
Fair enough. I appreciate the honesty, but this is for that enthusiast who not only wants to have a great luxury car, but also have a show worthy car.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:06 PM
John Romano is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AeroFunction
First and foremost it's too expensive. Add installation and paint for another 10Gs and wheels and tires for another 4 - 6Gs and we have almost a $30,000 body kit. It could easily be more. Is that worth it? Well, as an "enthusiast" I would say no - enthusiasts prefer performance. As an enthusiast who wants a "show quality" car, I'd also say no. To me a show quality car is not a stock car with an expensive body kit. "Show quality" would evoke a level of detail and refinement that considers the entire car - inside and out, as well as from a performance perspective. A body kit does not make a show car - certainly not one you will sell with no exclusivity. I'm sorry, but a car such as a late model SL is not a good candidate for such a conversion. At best it deserves wheels and tires, perhaps a ride height adjustment, a few performance tweaks and some tasteful appointments such as a blacked out grill, a rear diffuser, etc. and that's it. Such a car deserves restraint. I think you have gone way too far.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by John Romano
First and foremost it's too expensive. Add installation and paint for another 10Gs and wheels and tires for another 4 - 6Gs and we have almost a $30,000 body kit. It could easily be more. Is that worth it? Well, as an "enthusiast" I would say no - enthusiasts prefer performance. As an enthusiast who wants a "show quality" car, I'd also say no. To me a show quality car is not a stock car with an expensive body kit. "Show quality" would evoke a level of detail and refinement that considers the entire car - inside and out, as well as from a performance perspective. A body kit does not make a show car - certainly not one you will sell with no exclusivity. I'm sorry, but a car such as a late model SL is not a good candidate for such a conversion. At best it deserves wheels and tires, perhaps a ride height adjustment, a few performance tweaks and some tasteful appointments such as a blacked out grill, a rear diffuser, etc. and that's it. Such a car deserves restraint. I think you have gone way too far.
To expensive, compared to what exactly? A widebody kit has never been for an individual who lives paycheck to paycheck. Not to put anyone down who does, but its just never cheap. You are definitely not going to win best of show for having a modded engine and no exterior body work.. yes body kits help, but widebody kits secure wins. All shows come down to who has spent the most money on their car and hasn't totally messed it up. I've seen people spend over 50k on their vehicles and it still looks like.. well lets not be mean. Going way to far is going to help win trophies, we're not out to win best 1/4 mile.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 PM
If you are selling your kit to be part of a show car build - an expensive show car build, as you state - then wouldn't one forking over all that green want some level of exclusivity? I don't think anyone's income level has anything to do with their passion for creating a unique show car. I've known guys with very little financial resources who have spent years and years building their dream show car. If there is a will there is a way. However, for someone to start with a near six figure car and add a show build on top of it, I'm pretty sure they are not going to want to pass another one just like it on the road. It would make more sense to me to offer exclusive body packages for guys building show cars. However, I imagine the market is pretty slim for late model SL's being turned into "show cars." I hope I'm wrong and I wish you the best. You asked for opinions, I'm just giving you my 2 cents for free.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Former Vendor
Your 2 cents are appreciated more then you may think. I appreciate honesty and I can understand how this is meant for everyone. We just wanted to bring an option to the SL community that might have been limited before due to access or pricing. If you get a chance you'll see that no other company that makes a kit like this will offer guaranteed fitment, no will they be able to beat our price. I can understand this may not be the first option for the new generation SL's but for the R230 this could be a great kit. The best thing about it, you don't have to go to Mercedes and buy the headlights for $7000+, being able to use your stocks should be savings enough! Nonetheless, thank you for your honest and respectful feedback!

Old 04-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Do you make kits for any other MBs? Such as the C63?

Old 04-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Pizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to behold
Widebody c63? Let's see that! Looks cool and def a show winner! I've been in the car show scene forever and agree that it's about widebodied cars for sure!

Old 04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by John Romano
Do you make kits for any other MBs? Such as the C63?
We make kits for plenty of vehicles. Which year C63? Also, is it a Sedan or the new Coupe?

Originally Posted by Pizzamangtr
Widebody c63? Let's see that! Looks cool and def a show winner! I've been in the car show scene forever and agree that it's about widebodied cars for sure!
Working on something for the C Coupe this year for SEMA. As soon as we can find a donor vehicle we will begin the prototyping!

Old 04-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Pizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to behold
I may have a brand new coup for you! C63! Black on black!

Old 04-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor
Very nice!! Except I would need the car to be in So Cal =/

Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah, C63 AMG Coupe. That is my next car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AF-Signature Series Wide-Body Conversion :: 2003-2012 Mercedes SL Class R230