Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

W216 owners: what does driving your car feel like?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 03:44 PM
cyclables is infamous around these parts
W216 owners: what does driving your car feel like?

Hey guys,

Previously I was in the market for a 997, but never pulled the trigger as I ended up buying a 2010 CTS-V instead. Love the car, but an opportunity just opened up in my area to get into a CL550 and I am falling in love with the car just by looking at the pictures.

Except...there's a part of me that thinks I'm only acting on impulse and getting this car just might only satisfy the "chase" and I'd move onto something else. I've owned the V for two months so far.

So before make an appointment to test drive the car, what kind of driving or ownership experience do you have with the W216? Does it drive well? Can you "feel" the road?

Am I asking the wrong kinds of questions? Thanks in advance!

Old 04-15-2012, 01:12 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
I love my cl600. It is truly my dream car and I love it more and more everyday. Make sure that you get the ABC suspension option and distronic + option. There is no other car that is as comfortable than this car. The steering is butter smooth and there is barely ANY body roll with the ABC doing its job. Also, the feeling of the active seats hugging you when you turn is something special. The only thing I would suggest that you get a higher model than the 550 if you can. Go drive a 600 or a 63 if you can, it is really something else. Of course it is not a "sports" car where it gives you the best road feel. It is a grand touring car, so you can't really compare it to a 911 (but you can't get a massage in the 911 )

+ there is no other car that looks like this...