Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Your experience with MB SUVs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 11:35 AM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Question Your experience with MB SUVs?

I am on the fence for a 2013 GL550 or a G550. Which one would you recommemd and why? please recommend from your prior experience if possible

Old 07-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Banned
johnmiller is infamous around these parts
Well.. i would suggest GL550 because,

Better suspension
Paddle shifter
3 rows of seat
Tremendous power

Old 07-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Amanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by johnmiller
Well.. i would suggest GL550 because,

Better suspension
Paddle shifter
3 rows of seat
Tremendous power
The G550 is excellent offroad....you should decide between the cars based on your priorities

Old 07-30-2012, 01:51 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
You might wait for the 2013 GL550, if you are determined to get a GL Benz. Why? More HP, AND increased fuel economy.

The G550 is a whole 'nother thing and I can't speak for that vehicle... though I'd be tempted to get the AMG variant.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Amanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to beholdAmanintown is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
You might wait for the 2013 GL550, if you are determined to get a GL Benz. Why? More HP, AND increased fuel economy.

The G550 is a whole 'nother thing and I can't speak for that vehicle... though I'd be tempted to get the AMG variant.
The AMG variant is way over priced The GL 550 is a lot more value for the money, actually I would even recommend getting the GL 450, and save an additional 20K

Old 08-04-2012, 10:32 PM
ET550 is infamous around these parts
It really depends on your needs. Do you have a wife and kids? Do you need a third row? Will your wife be driving it more than you. The GL550 is basically a luxury family hauler that will appeal to most buyers. If you like driving an S-class but need an suv, the GL is the SUV for you. The Gwagen on the other hand is a tank and an acquired taste. You either love it or hate it. The doors are heavy to open and close, the steering is heavy, and it drives like a truck. That being said. I have owned a 2003 G500 since new and now have 122K miles on it and both my wife and I love it. She drives it more than I do at this point. But we both like cars with firm rides and are not big fans of large luxo cruisers. So the G550 appeals to us much more than a GL550 would. As I said, it really depends on your likes and needs.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:34 AM
Biglife is infamous around these partsBiglife is infamous around these parts
Do you want a car that makes a statement and makes you smile every time you open your garage? Well if you can stand the truck-like drive, then the G550 is your best bet. It doesnt make sense for most people, but something about it is undeniably alluring.

The GL is great for longer trips as the ride is more comfortable. It also drives better. Looks aren't too hot.

We've gone through 4 G's and 1 GL in my fam (the latest of which was the GL to replace the G - regret the purchase).

Old 08-21-2012, 06:32 AM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the feedback fellas...really appreciate it ....family is leaning towards the GL 550... I personally want the G