Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

SLR McLaren at my local Mercedes dealership...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 03:20 PM
¿Señor Member?
jester has a spectacular aura aboutjester has a spectacular aura about
SLR McLaren at my local Mercedes dealership...

Been waiting a couple months for it to come in and I finally got word that it came in yesterday. They put it in the showroom today so I had to get over there and check it out, I was like a little kid on Christmas morning when I was driving up there. Fortuantely the dealer is like 3 mintues down the road from me so it wasn't the longest ride of my life or anything.

My first thought was, that it looked a lot better in person, and smaller. I was never a fan of it from pictures but I can really appreciate it after seeing it up close. It looked pretty bulky in pictures but I'd say it was barely longer than an SL55. Everything on it is gorgeous though, it's definately a site to see. Enjoy the pictures! (My favorite is at the very bottom)

sorry, this interior shot came out blurry. You can't really tell but the seats are all carbon fiber with the leather pieces on top of it. They showed just enough CF around the whole seat, looked really cool.

sweet ***, huh?

no, I didn't photoshop the lense flare

Old 12-04-2005, 03:21 PM
¿Señor Member?
jester has a spectacular aura aboutjester has a spectacular aura about

you better believe I snagged the last SLR booklet.

Here's my favorite shot. This was the view you get when you walk in the door, quite a site.

Old 12-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Very nice. Thanks for the pics.

There have been a few different McLaren's at Mercedes of Manhattan (55th & Park Ave) for months now. One of them was removed (sold) from the floor the same day it came in.

Oh yeah, Ferrari of Manhattan is directly across the street. Talk about being in a candy store, the F430 was strategically placed in the window closest to the SLR. It looked like a face-off between the two.

Old 12-04-2005, 08:58 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Pure sex. Love those turbine wheels.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 12-04-2005, 10:11 PM
fdb996c2 is infamous around these partsfdb996c2 is infamous around these parts
There is a hell of a lot to admire about that car. But I just can't look at the front end without thinking of Joe Camel.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
My dealer had a Black with Red interior that came in, the guy that ordered took it for a spin, it sounds very muscle carish, almost like a Vette. I just don't see the half million dollar value in it.