Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

A few RENNTECH SL600 pics - updated with Black AVUS MF502

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:46 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 6088TTS
hey Shank what lowering module are you using??? i just picked up a SL65 and planning on doing that as my first mod

I used the Kleeman Lowering module. I think there is an easier way to do it via your dealer. Not sure what that entails. Someone shed some light to that?

THe Kleeman lowering module was 2200.00

If your in S. Florida, Ben at Wheels Boutique can lower it for much less.

Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 AM
thebk is infamous around these parts
Do you have Ben's direct email?
Getting a tt in the next week or two and want to discuss some wheel options.
BK

Old 04-09-2006, 05:42 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Looks sick now, but LM's were god of wheels on that car

Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2006, 07:37 AM
matt360cs is infamous around these parts
the new look is really nice

Old 04-24-2006, 06:12 PM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
Shank,
i too, am interested in lowering my SL55 with the Kleeman Lowering module. .. My dealer (Knauz) thinks that is the only way to go... and because i don't want the computers in the car to have a ****fit, i think dealer installed mods on a MB are the only way to go.. They have "Kleemanized" several SL55's and 65's...
even i would save money on the lowering module with Ben, and others with the ecu/pulley, i am afraid..to use anyone other than a MB dealer...who sell Kleeman etc.. ..

it isn't like modding a twin turbo.

p.s. cars look great.. do you still have your viper?

Old 04-25-2006, 05:53 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
I have had good luck with RENNTech. Kleeman also high on the list of quality. Don't know where you are located but, can go directly to either site and see who the MB authorized dealer in your area is to install.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:24 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
So the car is SOLD Ryan??????

Old 04-26-2006, 08:23 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Yes the car is sold and the new owner is Mar...

Old 04-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Marcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond reputeMarcus Frost has a reputation beyond repute

-m

Old 04-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Jamie B. is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Congrats to Marcus on the purchase. I'm really glad this car stayed local.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
CONGRATS MARCUS!!!!!! Thats a awfully sweet ride you inherited.

I'm another fan of the Kleemann lowering units. I use only those now after testing all the other brands.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 05-09-2006, 05:19 PM
JR.
Banned
Lee,

why is that? (kleeman)

does an SL55 really find it'slowest ride position at about 75 mph?

thanks,
JR

Old 05-09-2006, 10:10 PM
93 r1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ShankLMR
I think there is an easier way to do it via your dealer. Not sure what that entails. Someone shed some light to that?
You reprogram the ABC (active body control) control unit to lower the car to the desired stance. It is relatively easy and costs much less then the aftermarket boxes. I've done it many times. Shouldn't cost more then $500 to lower and realign the car.

I'm not a big fan of cutting into a $100k+ cars main body harness to install an aftermarket part when the same effect can be achieved using the factory equipment.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:39 PM
JR.
Banned
93 R1,
i too, am interested in any and all info that you have regarding lowering an SL55..
do you have the reprogram "program" . not that it matters that much but where does the cost come in..?
i didn't know that the kleeman lowering module entailed cuttting into the harness..
thanks,

JR

Old 05-10-2006, 11:49 AM
93 r1 is infamous around these parts
Take your car to the dealer. They hook up the mercedes interface and lower the car. They can program any amount of drop into the suspension computer. The cost comes from their labor time to lower it and do the alignment.

ANY mercedes with adjustable suspension can be done this way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A few RENNTECH SL600 pics - updated with Black AVUS MF502