Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Kleeman K2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
Kleeman K2

My SL55 went to the tuners on Monday for the upgrade. I wonder what the "after" dyno will read.

I just got this email below.

Yes, Cory emailed me the procedure to dyno your car.

You as well as others say our dyno reads low, we like to say it is accurate. Dyno Dynamics have been in business for over 25 years. Dyno Dynamics builds both engine and chassis dynos so they have worked with auto manufacturers by dynoing motors on an engine dyno, installing the motors in vehicles and then dynoing them on their chassis dynos. This information has been used in creating the software used in our chassis dyno to calculate drivetrain losses to get HP numbers at the wheels. Another thing to consider is that our dyno is a true load bearing dyno. Other dyno’s like a Mustang are inertia passed so I like to equate these dynos to running down hill. Once you start it is easier to keep going faster since you have the momentum.

If Edmunds.com is correct stock is 496HP and torque is 516 ft-lbs at the FLYWHEEL for a 2005 SL55 AMG.

Our dyno has built in software to estimate flywheel horsepower, we don’t like to publish the numbers because it is one more thing for people to get confused over.
We ran your MB in this mode and it showed 492 hp and 540 ft-lbs estimated at the FLYWHEEL. So if you were to look at these numbers the dyno is nearly spot on for HP and actually shows your car to have more torque than what the factory claimed.

I hope the above explains how Dyno Dynamics have developed there software and why the numbers are what they are.

The pulley and filters are installed, passenger side header is in. The ECU will be back today and the rest of the header system will be installed. I am hoping that everything is finished up by end of day today.
I will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Scott Bertz

KTR Performance
978-772-9911

Old 07-01-2006, 05:40 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Great to know you have more torque than stock, There is a larger throttle body for the AMG 55K vehicles they came on the 2003 SL55's I think they are 88mm's and they increase hp to 520, I found that in mbworld

Old 07-01-2006, 02:10 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Have you had the MB recall done yet with the new ECU flash? I am hearing that the hp and torque will drop after this service. They are pulling the down the load limits of the motor in the microcode.

Old 07-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by L8Apex
Have you had the MB recall done yet with the new ECU flash? I am hearing that the hp and torque will drop after this service. They are pulling the down the load limits of the motor in the microcode.
The recall was done a few months ago. I just got the car back this afternoon and the power and sound are nuckin futs. I have 585 hp at the crank now. Woot! Woot!

Old 07-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by L8Apex
I am seeing more about this power loss on other forums. I don't think is has anything to do with the SL55s, Maybe only the CLS55s and the E55s? I wish I could pick up a E55 or CLS55 before they are not available anymore. The 63 will cost a lot more to mod for power gains, and I don't know if the new 7 speed trans will handle a lot of added torque.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Turn your sound up.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Broadway Performance is infamous around these parts
That's gotta be awesome with the top down!!